Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Living Out of State Bride--Need Help!!

Hi Everyone,
I currently live in Tampa, FL and need some help in planning my West-side of Cleveland wedding...

Does anyone know of any fabulous hair/make-up people that are really affordable?

What about any photographers that are reasonably priced and include engagement photos in their package?!

I really appreciate the help!

Re: Living Out of State Bride--Need Help!!

• Options
    kaitlyn142kaitlyn142 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help, but I can offer that you aren't alone? I live in NY and will be marrying on the east side.
  • Options
    ille2010ille2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your approximate budget? We've had a great experience with Elizabeth Pruitt Photography. She's priced the same as what many of the others in the area are. As far as salons go, we're going to Raun in Willoughby, but that's not really in your area. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Where is your wedding going to be? Bella Capelli in Westlake has fantastic stylists. I get my hair done there all the time and I'm really picky about who cuts it. They are a little bit pricier though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maureen @ JC Penney in North Olmsted is AWESOME! She's been doing my hair since I was in middle school. Their prices are fairly reasonable as well. The MAC counter at the Dillard's in the same maill also has someawesome makeup artists.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Holly at Dante Lucci is fantastic!! I went to Details in Rocky River for a hair trial before my first dress fitting, and my sister who usually doesn't notice details like hair and clothes made a sarcastic comment about "it's nice you bothered to even brush your hair before you came here!"   I went to Holly for the next one, and she did my hair in half the time exactly the way I wanted it!  I loved it.

I don't remember how much the hair alone was,  but I know it was about $100 for hair and makeup.

BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    tldhtldh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_living-out-of-state-bride-need?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:55133bda-ebd3-40f9-a8a2-11e101149c1bPost:4bff8f21-401a-43fe-ace8-8a668ee5f2ee">Re: Living Out of State Bride--Need Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't help, but I can offer that you aren't alone? I live in NY and will be marrying on the east side.
    Posted by kaitlyn142[/QUOTE]

Kaitlyn - when I lived in Cleveland, I went to Ladies and Gentleman's Salon in Beachwood.  Everyone there is fantastic.
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked Maria Sharron for photography. I would email her first - she sent me a link to her flickr account and we were blown away with how artistic and beautiful her pictures are  - and she gives you alot - for a reasonable price.

I am on a major budget...we went with Wagners's Country Inn - ask for Shirley - she is so nice and really works with you. Ask about the stimulus plan - It saved us a ton of money.

Good Luck !
  • Options
    mrein0118mrein0118 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same situation!

As far as photographers go I would definatly reccomend Photography by Julie Victor! Julie is in the Cleveland area and did our engagement pictures! They are so creative and beautiful! She is the most reasonably priced photographer I know and she gives you more for less! We are huge Browns fans even though we relocated to NC, for some of our pictures she did a football theme and we wore our matching Jerseys with his last name, she took us to a football feild and we got a lot of great playful shots. She talks with you and is open to your creative ideas, it was great for us to just play around and have great shots that really fit our personalities (we also did more formal shots that more fit our wedding theme) Check her out before going anywhere else!

Here is her site:

http://julievictor.vpweb.com/default.html

Here is her facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Painesville-OH/Photography-by-Julie-Victor/114104271958180?v=wall

as for salons, if anyone has any suggestions near the Cleveland area of small boutique like salons that would be great!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    kim @ the MAC counter in Nordstrom's. She travels and she does everyone's makeup.
    christine @ Charles Scott does amazing hair... She's done several of my bridal tests for each event and i can't say i've gotten better hair from anyone.

Photographers... check out makingthemoment.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL
    this is hilarious.. I live in Sarasota FL and I am planning my youngstown wedding in april.

I am using Finest Moments Photography .. Cle area... check out his BLOG! AMAZING!!

If you call, tell him I sent you, Angela wedding April 30 2011.

As far as other stuff, I don't know, however Anthony Vince Nail Salon in Westlake is AMAZING and has a bar so you could bring your girls there and have a wonderful time.

Good LuCK!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards