Florida-South Florida
Options

Parent Gifts - When to present them?

I was thinking of getting my mom and his mom matching necklaces.
(The pretty open hearts from KAY)

But I'm not 100% sure on what to give our dads. Any ideas?
Maybe cufflinks? I dunno.

My real question is, when do we give them the gifts?
At the end of the Rehearsal Dinner? On our wedding day?

Re: Parent Gifts - When to present them?

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of the necklaces.

I gave the dad's a shirt that said "father of the bride" and "father of a groom", together with a personalized hankerchief each. I also gave each set of parents a double frame that had a poem on one side and a space for a picture on the other side.

I gave all the gifts at our rehearsal dinner :)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I plan on giving them at the rehearsal dinner.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We decided to give our parents a parent wedding album...but since we didn't have one to give them at the time...we announced it at the RD, but then gave them each a champagne bottle with a personalized label professionally thanking them with our monogram on it.  I also gave the moms the same gift I gave my BMs which was the personalized towel wraps.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dee- I LOVE you champagne bottles! Where did you order the label from??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we were thinking the photo albums as well. There was a deal at one of the photo book sites in October for buy 1 book, get 2 free. We are planning on using a yearbook style photo book made from our engagement pictures on one of these sites as our guestbook. I got our CD of engagement photos the day after the sale was over, so I didn't get to take advantage of that deal but I'm hoping something similar comes up. That way we could make the books to give to our parents. I may do something in addition as well, something personal for each of them. I'm thinking FI and I will go shopping for them together, but may get each of them something different depending on their personalities. My mom enjoys jewelry (she doesn't wear a ton of it, but she has a ton of it and switches it up all the time unlike me who wears the same staples every day) whereas FI's mom is a teacher and could probably use something related to that.
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ileana -

Here is where I got the labels...Etsy!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/54624020/custom-winechampagne-beverage-bottle

$8.00 for 4 labels!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards