Florida-South Florida
Options

Venue run-around, Help!

Ladies I need some help! I got engaged in November and have had no luck finding the right venue for our wedding yet. We would really like to get married in South Florida (Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, open to suggestions...), have the ceremony on the beach or with water backdrop, and the reception at the same site or nearby.

My grandma has a condo in Miami that has a ballroom, so I thought that might work but they are giving us a hard time (they don't have many weddings there and prefer not to be bothered). Anyone know of a restaurant, a condo with party room, or another inexpensive venue that could fit ~85 people. Our budget is small (~$2000) and we would rather bring in our own caterer because we have a family friend who is helping us in that area.

We would also consider another natural setting where we could have reception and ceremony in one place, and would consider using an in house caterer if the price was right. Total wedding budget is $10,000.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Re: Venue run-around, Help!

• Options
    PriscyScrapsPriscyScraps member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Try the Spanish River Library. The backdrop is beautiful. And everything else you wanted. Unless you are really wanting to get married on the actual beach. oops, just noticed you went as far as ft lauderdale. Don't mind me then. LOL
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Options
    slgirl21slgirl21 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited February 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_venue-run-around-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:665bf75a-5aea-4a3e-afe8-696cd173ac3ePost:189ce15a-7dd2-40ed-9c21-95433a472e51">Venue run-around, Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies I need some help! I got engaged in November and have had no luck finding the right venue for our wedding yet. We would really like to get married in South Florida (Hollywood, Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, open to suggestions...), have the ceremony on the beach or with water backdrop, and the reception at the same site or nearby. My grandma has a condo in Miami that has a ballroom, so I thought that might work but they are giving us a hard time (they don't have many weddings there and prefer not to be bothered). Anyone know of a restaurant, a condo with party room, or another inexpensive venue that could fit ~85 people. Our budget is small (~$2000) and we would rather bring in our own caterer because we have a family friend who is helping us in that area. We would also consider another natural setting where we could have reception and ceremony in one place, and would consider using an in house caterer if the price was right. Total wedding budget is $10,000. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!
    Posted by mberk86[/QUOTE]

check out: Old Davie School Museum- its 1500 to rent the venue, and then you bring in your own catering, dj, flowers, linens etc. its not near the water, but it does have a nice setting. I thought about this idea, but my FI didn't like it and we ended up finding a great place in Margate, called Carolina Country Club, its a good deal. GL
  • Options
    IM getting married right on the beach at Wright By the Sea. It's 2000 to rent the space but can bring in everything else. I am using grimes events and party tents to most of my stuff.
  • Options
    Love the pictures for this venue! Boca is definitely not too far! Unfortunately the main site seems to be down so I can't get the specifics about the rental. Do you by chance know how many hours the prices on the information packet are for?

Thank you so much for this info!
  • Options
    mberk86mberk86 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2013
    Thanks for the info everyone, I'll have to look into the other two venues but so far I'm really digging the library!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards