Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Help with Fingernails

I'm getting married in just over 2 weeks from now. (YAAAY!) I've been trying soooo hard to keep my nails strong and at a nice length so I have nice natural nails for my wedding day. But they keep breaking or peeling. Does anyone know of anything that I can put on my nails the day before the wedding to get them to one length in case anymore break between now and then. I don't want to put acrylics on. I had them when I was younger and they destroyed my natural nails. It took me forever to get them back to normal. I hate to go through all of that for just one day! I thought about gels, or solar nails but I think these are all pretty similar to the acrylic as far as how they prepare your nails for the application. Is there anything else out there?? TIA!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Help with Fingernails

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Lately I've just been making sure to keep my nails polished. I have the same problem with splitting/cracking. If I make sure they're covered by at least 3 coats (base + 2 color or base + 2 color + top) they actually grow. I think that keeping the ends covered is the key. 
    Another trick is to get one of those 4-way nail filer/buffer things. Make sure you smooth the surface of your nails because it will get rid of any potential peeling points.

Hope this helps! I'm not a pro, but you can probably find someone at Sally's who can help.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards