Florida-South Florida
Options

Rehearsal Dinner Question

So my FILs have decided on Maggianos as our rehearsal dinner location...which is great...because that's the place I wanted.

But..his dad wants to do a sit down (family style) dinner...and I'm actually not crazy about that...

I envisioned just a TON of appetizers...some on stations and some being passed around....and open bar...

this way people can mingle and chat instead of being tied down to a chair.

What is everyone else doing? Am I alone on wanting it this way?

Re: Rehearsal Dinner Question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a sit down, however our RD is not big at all. We are not inviting OOT guests because that'd be the entire wedding. In total maybe we are having 20ish people. I think depending on the number of guests attending the RD dinner you can enjoy a sit down. Know what I mean?
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a buffet without assigned seating.  We're inviting basically the entire wedding to our rehearsal dinner so we're expecting about 80 people and we're keeping it super casual. 
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    we have just the wedding party and immediate family members, so we have about 50 people (15 people in the wedding party, plus there +1 so 30 alone for that)

• Options
    djoann958djoann958 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having my daughter's rehearsal dinner in her apartment building's party room. She lives in downtown Miami and the 12 th floor has the room and the outdoor space for guests with terrific views. We are going to have it catered for about 30  people.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Truly ... I think you'll be surprised at home nicely sit down RDs are. If you get a big party room I'm sure people will be up and moving before the food is served!
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    odiloveslegosodiloveslegos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing it at the Rusty in one of thier rooms, sit down dinner.
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is sit down too, but I  think people can still mingle if they like and not be tied down.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im doing mine at maggianos too.......but the apps and stuff they are doing hand passed and dinner is sit down so its a little bit of both......did you go over all the packages??
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards