Florida-South Florida
Options

If I dont have..

a DOC what would I mostly likely run into? Like what do they do for the day of, or what would be some of thier responsibilites? This is sooooo not in my budget my maybe I can ask some family members who arent in the wedding party to help out..

Re: If I dont have..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what DOC stands for and it's not in the FAQs, so I'm going to assume it's some sort of planner/coordinator role :-)

They do the stuff you can hassle your closest friends and family into doing, like getting there hours beforehand and being there when your cake arrives (and knowing what it's SUPPOSED to look like, so if it's wrong, there's plenty of time to fix it), showing the DJ exactly where to set up, setting up placecards, putting your favors out, making any last minute phone calls if anything is missing (a table setting, an extra microphone, anything not typical but that you'd requested beforehand). Your family can technically do it all, but they will likely be with you, so people hire a coordinator.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    its Day of Coordinator...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are some Knotties who are starting their own DOC business and could do your wedding for VERY AFFORDABLE RATES! :)

In a few months.... Ask Natalie, Dee, or Rosmery for more info :) 

As a personal opinion.... I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them! LOVE YOU GIRLS!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't want to but we decided to go ahead and get one because I wanted my mom and FMIL to be able to enjoy the day and spend time with us.

Ours is going to concentrate on set up: greeting the caterer when they arrive and telling them where to set up and making sure they set up how we want it done, including our ceremony location and centerpieces; making sure we are in the right place at the right time; helping with timing in our ceremony (so I'm not trying to listen for the right cue in the music while concentrating on not throwing up walking down the aisle) and for the timing of the bridal party walking down the aisle; making sure the dinner and toasts happen at the right time, and making sure we get back the things we want at the end of the night, like centerpieces, the cake set, etc.
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I didnt have a DOC because it wasnt really in my budget either.  I tried to get one, but all the people that I contacted wanted way too much money.

The only thing I really needed one for was to set up my favors and some tealights on the tables.  I also had the bathroom baskets, stuff for Hora Loca, and cocktail napkins that needed to be taken there the day of.  My venue wouldnt do this for me and they didnt open till 11am which didnt give anyone in my wedding or even a guest enough time to do it for me. 

I ended up paying a lady my mom works with $100 to do it for me.  She came to my house the week of the wedding to pick everything up and I showed exactly where I wanted everything to go.  It worked out great and it was only a fraction of the cost of an actual DOC. 

IMO its really not necessary, but I guess that really depends on the type of wedding you're having and how many different vendors you are dealing with.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards