Ohio-Cleveland

Ceremony/Reception Sites

We live in New Orleans, so trying to plan a wedding from a 1000 miles away is proving to be difficult.  Since all I can do so far is look at websites, i'm looking for suggestions for ceremony and reception sites. I'd like to keep both at the same venue, with the option of an outdoor ceremony for an early Oct. wedding. We are working on a limited budget...trying to keep it at $35-40 per person with a guest list of about 150 people. Like most brides, i'm looking for something unique: rustic, outdoorsy...something different the the everyday baquet hall. Looking within an hours driving distance of Cleveland.  Thanks!!!

Re: Ceremony/Reception Sites

• edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony at Manakiki (a beautiful golf course) I am having the ceremony outside and the reception downtown (i wanted 2 different sites), but they have a beautiful indoor reception hall as well. 

www.sammys.com/manakiki.shtml">http://www.sammys.com/manakiki.shtml

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I'm also getting married at the beginning of October and was interested in the same type of situation.  We were in between two places, Williams-on-the-Lake in Medina and then the place we ended up going with which was Columbia Hills Country Club.  Williams-on-the-Lake is so beautiful and has an outdoor ceremony option.  It will be beautiful in October!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 228 invited
    image 165 have their party shoes image 63 will be staying home image0 haven't decided
    RSVP Date: September 19th
  • edited December 2011
    Try Tom's Country Place, has a beautiful outdoor setting and nice indoor hall as well.
    http://www.tomscountryplace.com/index.html

Your best bet would be type in country clubs in cleveland in google and it gives a nice list.
     Ahern Banquet in Avon is awesome. A little pricey but I have been to weddings there and its beautiful.
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your budget include alcohol and venue fee? Meals at Lake Forest CC in Hudson OH start @ $30 pp and the venue is beautiful -outdoor ceremony gardens with lake backdrop and the interior reception is gorgeous – message me if you would like to see some additional photos!
  • JenLeeSJenLeeS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you really like unique and rustic, maybe check out Patterson Fruit Farm. It has a nice room, great views, and is reasonably priced. It will be gorgeous in October. Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lilika FlowerLilika Flower member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any family members/ good friends that would be willing to sign papers for you?

Try the county parks districts for lodges. I know there is a beautiful one in the Cleveland metroparks district but, sorry, I can't remember the name.

Lake metro parks has a lot of options.

You can rent these spaces at an out of county rate for more but, hey, if you can swindle someone to let you use their rate it's obviously helpful.

Burton- Punderston state lodge is amazing. Not sure the price though the coordinator never called me back. Hopefully you would have better luck.

That's all I can think of at the top of my head.
  • edited December 2011
    This is so helpful guys! Thank you! I am *trying* the same thing as chickie642- Oct/indoor-outdoor/not a normal ballroom/125 guests -- except planning from the East Coast.
  • fifidogfifidog member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Toms Country Place in Avon.  The outdoor area is perfect for picutres and the outdoor wedding, and the food and venue is great!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards