Florida-South Florida
Options

what is the best to have a reception in south fl

I'm im a budget so far I have about 70 guest, I want to know is it best to hire a wedding planner that cost 3k because I go to school all the way in pensacola. I want a nice formal reception. but i don't know where to go beside the weschester country in boynton beach or Royal fiesta which is really nice. and they told me they will take everything I don't need a wedding planner what should I do,  I have 10k budget?

Re: what is the best to have a reception in south fl

• Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are lots of out of town brides here without a wedding planner, but it does take a lot of effort when you're planning from far away. I'm in Puerto Rico myself, and we have ladies from NY and NC and all over really. Is your 10k budget for everything for the wedding? Or just for the reception food/drink? I think 3k is a lot to pay for a wedding planner when your budget is just 10k but that's my opinion.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree. I am an out of towner myself, and as of now i am not using a planner. However, my hotel will provide me with a Day of, for $ 400 just to make sure everything goes smoothly. 

Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree that 3k is a lot to spend on a wedding planner based on your budget. If the venues are saying that they can take care of everything, maybe you should just get a Day of coordinator to coordinate any vendors you may have that are not associated with the venues (like photographer, videographer, hair and make-up, etc). I know that there a few coordinators that have been recommended on this board that charge around $500 for day of coordination only.
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have questions about specific venues or are looking for ideas for venues to look at, feel free to post it here. These ladies have a lot of experience and are very willing to help. We'd just need to know more details (like your budget per person for dinner, before or after the usual 30% fee that gets added)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hi, welcome to the boards.  Hmm, I really agree with these ladies, 3k to me seems a little over board for a planner. 

These ladies have been soo helpful, I'm still looking for the right venue too and they've been such a help!  Whenever you have questions feel free to ask away! :)

• Options
    AlispidaliAlispidali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I would call the signature grand in davie, fl.  i'm not going with them, because i'm planning my own.  they had beautiful rooms and they sort of do everything for you and they are definitely in your budget.  i went in september and it was around 10,000 for 100 guests and it included the location, dj, food, centerpieces, limo, etc.  just a suggestion, something to google.  hth

• Options
    edited December 2011
    10k is for reception + ceremony + flower
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My thoughts... no you don't need it. Esp for $3K. I mean, if you are SUPER Busy with School and have NO time to do any research then it might be worth it but if you have some time to post on these boards you will get all the info you need and a planner won't be necessary. maybe you could hire a Partial planner or a Day of Coordinator who will help you out somewhat but most people that get full planning don't feel it was necessary or worth it in the end.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi and welcome!!

I love my venue - they have a beautiful room for a smaller party - The Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale.

I also love my day of planner, Letty Gobel. I'm planning from Philadelphia and i know how hard it is - she's amazing, so helpful. She's only my DOC but she has helped me with other things (via email) along the way. Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome! I think 3K for a planner is not needed and a tad high
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI and welcome, I agree with the other ladies, unless you don't have any time to plan anything then you should just get a DOC or partial planner.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    vanered?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

SARA!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    whaaaaaaat?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards