Florida-South Florida
Options

wedding dress regret

is anyone else having wedding dress regret? I bought my dress almost a year before the wedding, on a kind of a whim. I do love it, however ocasionally i have these thoughts of maybe its not the right one. I tried on like 20 dresses and just walked by the one and said oooh i like that one, can i try it on? Its really too late to go back and say i dont want it, not that i want to do that either. I'm just unsure...

Re: wedding dress regret

• Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ok, so first of all its never too late to do what makes you happy, but i will tell you that it is normal to feel that way. Im sure some of the girls on here will tell you they have  gone through the same thing. Heck, i see it all the time on that show "Say Yes To The Dress". At the end of the day you are going to look absolutely gorgeous on your big day with whatever dress you wear! =)
  • Options
    ladylisaltladylisalt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the opposite problem. I am very indecisive so i can't buy something immediately b/c I always feel like,"what if I see something I like better?" and it usually happens. I wouldnt sweat it. I had to pick my dress pretty quickly due to short engagement and I still love it but know I am going to see more dresses I like. You willb be fine. Get some shoes/accessories that you Love!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ayanapoohayanapooh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm super indecisive as well, so I waited and hemmed and hawed until I truly found what I loved.  That said, are you having regrets b/c you've been with your dress so long, or have you truly seen something else you love? It's natural to have dress regret, but you definitely have to stop looking after you make your purchase to try to avoid feeling that way.  It's hard when you buy something w/ so much time to go b/c then you start seeing everyone else's dresses.  I'm sure yours is gorgeous, it will be beautiful on you.  Be honest with yourself about the source of your feelings though.  And if you truly think you jumped the gun, it's never too late to change.  HTH.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Focus in what made you feel like that was the ONE dress for you. It's very important to remember how you felt when you first tried it on. You know how most brides cry? I felt nauseous, like giddy to go on a super killer roller coaster. So everytime I think of my dress, I feel a little like that.

If by any means you feel that's not the dress for you AT ALL, you can always sell it on OnceWed.com or eBay. You only get married once and you don't want to settle, you know? Think about it! Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go and try it on again - I changed my dress.  I loved the first one I bought but I bought it through reason/logic (price/alterations/etc) - not because I loved it.  I'm very happy I changed it.  Not that I'm suggesting you bail on this dress.  I'm just saying go with your gut.  You have plenty of time~ I didnt cry or feel nauseous or anything like that but I just knew the first one, although beautiful, was not "the one" and the second one just was!  Good Luck!!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp's - if you're happier with another style, then don't settle. However, if you're just thinking twice, think about what made you fall in love with it in the first place. If you don't feel happy on your day, it will show! You can always sell it or, if money allows, give it to a bride that can't afford a dress. If you think going for another round of dress shopping will help, then I suggest you do it :)
  • Options
    tshuratshura member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally understand how you feel! I fell in love with a dress and ordered it 8 months prior to my date...4 months prior to my date I ordered a new dress!  You fell in love with your dress so don't over-think it!  BUT you can still change your mind! :)
    Bio image Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly:) - Rose Franken
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards