Ohio-Cleveland

Ceremony/Reception sites...HELP!!

I am getting married next summer. My vision is big and my budget is small! I feel like I have looked everywhere and am coming up with nothing!  We have crossed off many places already.....ugh! I want the ceremony and the reception in the same location with the ceremony outside.  I want the reception to have access to outside (patio, balcony, etc.). We are thinking about 150 guests. Preferably an all inclusive price. We are from the Cleveland area so we want to keep it within a reasonable distance. Suggestions?

Re: Ceremony/Reception sites...HELP!!

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my ceremony at Manakiki in Willoughby Hills.  I know they have a beautiful indoor reception site too with an outside patio.  (I am having my reception downtown though!) I am having my ceremony outside there.  It is absolutely gorgeous! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Try Moreland Manor in Kirtland, they were nicely priced.  Also look at Holden Arboretum.  I didn't like the indoor space at Manikiki, but I would go look at it to see if it suits your needs.
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Another one to check out (this would be west side) is the Terrace at Big Met in the Rocky River metroparks. The reception area is indoors, but has glass doors that open onto a patio so you'd have a nice indoor/outdoor space. I just checked their site and it holds up to 144, but maybe that would work for you?
    http://www.clevelandcatering.com/big-met-grille/

Also, maybe the Lodge at Geneva? A friend of mine had her ceremony outside there and reception was inside. Not sure offhand what the reception setup would be as far as direct outdoor access though.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at Skyview Lodge in Brunswick. The woman that I've been working with has been exceedingly helpful and the price is all-inclusive. The outdoor space is gorgeous.

Another place you could try is Mapleside Farms. I don't know their prices or what not but it's right next door to Skyview!
    TTC #1 since November 2012

My Ovulation Chart

Anniversary
  • km911704km911704 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having our wedding for about 150 people at Patterson Fruit Farms in Chesterland (near mayfield). We also have big dreams and a small budget! but we were really able to make things work perfectly there! and Betty the even coordinator is amazingly nice! We are having an outdoor ceremony on their beautiful property (you can see all the way to lake erie from the hillside!!) and our reception indoors.... AND there is a patio/balcony!!!!! you should def check them out!

http://pattersonfarm.com/

good luck!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ayamm1123ayamm1123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What places have you scratched off your list and for what reason? What price point are you looking for per person?  There are some great options above. Also check out Pine Ridge CC in Hudson…the price is pretty decent actually and love the venue!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out venues in Chagrin falls.. I remember one that pretty much seems to fit what you want, Hillbrook.  I am getting married at Pine Ridge CC in wickliffe, and I love it...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I looked at Alpine Valley in Chesterland, it wasn't bad.  It didn't suit my needs, but they do have a beautiful outdoor site for weddings and reasonable prices for sit-down meals.
  • edited December 2011
    Also, there's a place on Richmond, across from Richmond Mall, I think it's St Gregory's.  I used it for my first wedding, well for the reception, but I know they offered a site for a wedding and the hall's capacity is 150.  I would actually use it this time if I hadn't been there for the first one, lol!
  • diana44111diana44111 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Maybe you should check out the 100th Bomb Squad right by the Airport or The Cleveland Marriott Airport.  Both are nice.

• Manakiki and Hilbrook were both gorgeous, but out of my budget. Pine Ridge CC is a beautiful building, without much outdoor space but you could make it work. They do have an outdoor patio in the downstairs room although its nothing special in my opinion. I've heard the food is good, and its #2 on my venue list right now. I'm thinking Crawford Museum #1,but they're under renovation for something like six months? Also, its not cheap. I didn't like 100th Bomb Squad or Alpine Valley, but obviously it depends on your tastes and your budget.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards