Florida-South Florida

Avg costs

Hi ladies! One of my best girlfriends just got engaged and they are considering a destination wedding in the Sanibel Island area next February. Being from Boston we have no idea of average or reasonable prices since they are different based on area. Is it reasonable to budget a wedding ceremony/reception for 75 guests for under 10k including everything reception related, DJ, flowers/centerpieces etc? Would you mind sharing what you spent on various vendors and any reccomendations? Thank you!!

Re: Avg costs

• Hi Tabbie, it's such a nice gesture you are doing for your friend. I do believe it can be done. I'm having the same exact Wedding, 75 guests at 10K. Unfortunately, I'm having it in Palm Beach county, so I can't help in vendor recommendations for Sanibel Island. Good luck in your search.
    SoFla September Siggy - Hair Inspiration imageimage
  • Im having my wedding in Broward, but given that most prices are similar, I would count out any major hotels on beach, unless it was a daytime or Sunday wedding. Catering is what gets you, so I would recommend finding a nice restaurant with great ambiance-possibly on the water if that is what your friends are looking for. Also deciding open bar or just beer and wine will make a big difference budget wise as well.

Aim for a place with $75/pp ++ 6% sales tax and 20% gratuity or less to stay in budget
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards