Ohio-Cleveland

Reception Venues In the Cleveland Area

Hello!  So, we are thinking of getting married next May and I would love some ideas of where to hold the reception of about 250 people.  We do have our own caterer just in case it's cheaper because what I've been seeing lately is a lot of places with their own caterers, but it's been quite expensive.  I'm looking in the Cleveland area and possibly the east side suburbs.  It just depends on the distance.  Any clue as to where to begin?  We'd like it as inexpensive as possible.

Thanks for your help in advance! Smile

Re: Reception Venues In the Cleveland Area

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What do you consider to be an 'expensive' per person rate and does that include alcohol? There are some in the Medina/Brunswick area that are around $20-ish per person, not including alcohol. You might also consider a hall that has its own caterer, but allows you to BYOB which can save money (especially if you only serve beer and wine, not liquor). Some of these include: The Belarusan American Community Center and Michaud's, both in Strongsville and around $30/pp plus BYOB. Also, St. Demetrio's in Rocky River and St. Clarence in N. Olmsted are in that ballpark ($25-30/pp) and can handle a guest list of 250 easily. Would that be do-able, pricewise?

For 250 people, the BYOB/BYOC places I can think of: Middleburg Hts Community Center, Don Umerley Civic Center in Rocky River (but I don't know their capacity), Lake Erie Nature & Science Ctr in Bay Village, Gemini Center in Fairview Park (max 250), Medina Eagles Hall (BYOC but not BYOB), Lakefront Community Center in Euclid (max 250), and Our Lady of Perpetual Help in Aurora.

Hope that gives you a good start!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks a lot!  We'd like to stick to under $30pp and those areas are a bit far from the church.  The church is in Cleveland on MLK Jr. Dr.  I am receiving a lot of help from folks at work.  I found out about a Maple Heights Catering which is $16.95pp at the most which is fabulous, but I've got to figure out other fees.  I'm needing to check out linen rentals.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards