Florida-South Florida
Options

Crushed Dreams :(

SOOO....ive been waiting to give this carterer guy some time to greave after losing his wife in a car accident and he told me he was coming back sometime in Jan.  Here I am just being patient and trying to get my FI into the swing of things with the wedding and now that he is im here tying to call the company to set up an appointment to go view the venue, and I call and the line is disconnected -_- BLANK STARE........WAT THE??? So thank goodness i work for FPL (The Light Company) and i researched the address and got a main number only to find out there is no more caterer and i can still rent the place but id now have to bring a caterer.....(SLAPS FORHEAD) R U SERIOUS???? THIS IS JUST TOOOOOOO MUCH....

Im guessing its either a sign to not use that place and look for another location or try it out and see what happens!!!!! NEEDLESS TO SAY MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE CRUSHED RIGHT NOW

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

Re: Crushed Dreams :(

• Options
    So sorry to hear your news! What venue was this? Sometimes things happen for a reason unknown to us so don't let it crush your dream wedding. I went thru it too with a venue I had my heart set on until the guy was like "we don't do weddings anymore" and I was waiting on him for 3 months. It wasn't meant to be and we found another venue. Just keep looking and since your FI is into the swings of things then keep a positive vibe. GL!
  • Options
    O no..so sorry to hear about this. Like the post before things to happen for a reason, try not to let it get your down, did you give him any $$$ ?

Your find another venue that will be perfect for you. GL
  • Options
    YA1YA1 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_crushed-dreams?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:79b1b85b-30d4-45d9-acc4-6a1d7528cbbePost:3910af41-cccc-4850-b506-a570e00d69d4">Crushed Dreams :(</a>:
    [QUOTE]SOOO....ive been waiting to give this carterer guy some time to greave after losing his wife in a car accident and he told me he was coming back sometime in Jan.  Here I am just being patient and trying to get my FI into the swing of things with the wedding and now that he is im here tying to call the company to set up an appointment to go view the venue, and I call and the line is disconnected  -_- BLANK STARE........WAT THE???  So thank goodness i work for FPL (The Light Company) and i researched the address and got a main number only to find out there is no more caterer and i can still rent the place but id now have to bring a caterer..... (SLAPS FORHEAD) R U SERIOUS???? THIS IS JUST TOOOOOOO MUCH.... Im guessing its either a sign to not use that place and look for another location or try it out and see what happens!!!!!  NEEDLESS TO SAY MY HOPES AND DREAMS ARE CRUSHED RIGHT NOW
    Posted by misstira[/QUOTE]

If you like that venue then rent it and find another caterer.  There's a million of them! I know you're bummed, but don't let that crush your dreams!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies....im greatful no money has been exchanged im just bummed that i might not be able to get the place..i fell in love with it online but they guy emailed me and said i can come by Saturday and still take a look at it so we will see what happens....hopefully its the place of my dreams and even if i need a caterer i hope i dont have any problems with that...

Lilypie - H1jI

Daisypath - MFL5

• Options
    What's the venue?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards