Florida-South Florida
Options

Grooms cake?

I found out that you are supposed to divide the number of servings between the wedding cake and groom cake....I read somewhere it is supposed to be 2/3 of guest get wedding cake and 1/3 get grooms cake...one is chocolate and one is vanilla( Wedding cake)...What do you girls think?

South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: Grooms cake?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im doing a full 1 pp of the wedding cake and about 1/2 for the grooms cake.. i know its a lot of cake but since its different flavours i dont want anyone to miss out LOL
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know our actual cake could feed 1pp.  Our grooms cake could've probably fed everyone too.  It ended up being huge.  (It was the Miami Hurricane "U")

Our wedding cake was all yellow cake with different fillings in each tier.  Grooms cake was one side of the U was red velvet and the other was chocolate.

I think you should make the cake whatever fillings/flavors you want it.  Just make sure between the two there is enough for at least 1pp.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It seems like a common thing to make the groom's cake chocolatebut really I think it should be whatever the groom likes! Plus if you have a variety of flavors, some people might have more than one piece, so make sure to account for that!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing both. Our wedding cake serves 80 and the groom's cake serves 40ppl. We only have 80 invited. I figured we would send people home with whatever left overs there are. I also did it that way so every guests can try the 3 different flavors.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our grooms cake was actually big enough to feed almost everyone. I didn't know how to big to make it.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Grooms cakes are not a tradition in my culture, so I've never been to a wedding with a groom's cake, BUT I've been to plenty of weddings where the cake tiers of different sizes were different flavors. In my experience you can have whatever size/number that you want of the various cake flavors, and the caterers just get to pass them out as they please...If someone wants a particular flavor, they can either ask the caterers, or they can trade with others at their table. I really think that you can do whatever works best for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards