Florida-South Florida
Options

hair/makeup schedule

So how do you work with all your Bm's and the schedule? I have to start so early even though my ceremony doesnt start until 5, we are going to be ready by 3:30 and starting at 9am. No one wants to get their hair/mu done that early. Do I just tell them to suck it up and make some one go first? I dont know how to tell who goes first. pick numbers?

Re: hair/makeup schedule

• Options
    plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just make it a fun day and make sure everyone goes together, even if its only one girl at a time. Im sure no one will mind it as long as theyre all together. I would just ask them to volunteer, they all agreed to do all this special stuff w/ you I'm sure someone will stand up & do it. Don't let it stress you out! 

Who is doing your hair/makeup? :) GL!!
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'd just kind of decide and "let them know the plan". I guess that makes me a mean bride but if someone has to get their makeup done that early, well.. someone just has to.

Of course, I'd bring bagles, mimosas, etc to make the appointments a little more fun/bearable for the early girls!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea my MOH agreed to get her Hair and makeup done but needed to know a schedule or time because she didnt want to leave her boyfriend in the hotel alone all day. I was like really?!! So yea they aren't really behind me in spending the day. I know I think I will have my sister do it first because I know she will be there the whole day and then she can just get touched up later.
    Susana Betancourt is doing it!
  • Options
    irwin3138irwin3138 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be watching this post as well. We have 4 getting hair and make-up and the hair stylist insists on starting at 8:30 for a 2pm wedding. She says 30 minutes per person so it looks like we'll all be ready by 10:30am. Feels too early to me. I wanted to start at 10:30.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All weddings I have walked we were up and getting ready at like 7:30am so I have no issue in having my BMs do the same. Luckily, they won't give me any issues with this as they have been amazing. As of now I am getting a hotel room where they will all stay to get ready with me.

We were never told an order, we were just there and decided amongst ourselves at the time. I usually tried to go last though lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_hairmakeup-schedule?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:7c8c147c-f41c-4d25-ac3d-5bf3a8024ce0Post:b8904f1d-315a-4786-9fac-70bbd173fc64">Re: hair/makeup schedule</a>:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, I'd just kind of decide and "let them know the plan". I guess that makes me a mean bride but if someone has to get their makeup done that early, well.. someone just has to. Of course, I'd bring bagles, mimosas, etc to make the appointments a little more fun/bearable for the early girls!
    Posted by FaithCaitlin[/QUOTE]
    This is exactly what I would do too! I'm having the 2 mom's, 2 BM's and myself getting hair and make up done on the day of. I'm having both moms go first. Then probably one of my BM's and then me, then my last BM go. This way I am fresh for pics and the ceremony. But so that way if they are running behind I'm not being rushed.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to be one of the first to be done becasue I need to be the first to get ready for pics and such. We are scheduling it so its me and my bms then all the moms because I want to have as little contact with my mom before the wedding bc she has a tendency to drive me absolutely nuts. But I am having them stay through the ceremony to touch me up before reception

ETA: a way to decide schedule is who do you most want with you when you are getting ready (helping with your dress etc). That is what my Mua asked and I think that person is going right before me
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards