July 2012 Weddings

Showers

For those That have had their shower...... Did many of you get one set of an item (dishes lets say) when you asked for two? But on multiple items??? I've been stalking my registries since I know my shower is this weekend and there are many things that are pricey where only one set was bought lol! I guess it just stinks because I've been spending a ton of money on all the million details and I feel lie now I'm going to have to spend even more money to buy all if the other "sets"!

Re: Showers

• Yes, we only received 3 out of the 8 bath towels we registered for...We didn't receive our dishes  yet (hoping we will for a wedding gift! if not we got gift cards @ the shower and also wedding $$ coming)....

Also, your shower is this weekend...the majority of our items for our shower weren't purchased until the day before the shower (even a few the day of!)
  • I only got 3 sets of my dishes, I asked for 12.  I also put down a comforter and sheet set, and got nothing.  I did get 4 cheese graters and 6 whisks though......Not sure how that happened because they all ran through the registry.  I did get my kitchen aid mixer and some other bigger items.  I'm going to wait until after the wedding/honeymoon and buy the rest of the dishes and the comforter/sheet set.

Anniversary
  • Oh ok good, that makes me feel better lol! I guess it's not that big of a deal, we can just use some of the wedding money to buy everything else
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e3c5cb48-4d74-423e-9f83-e3cb0aece26bPost:9211b9d6-12ee-42c0-8bdf-277a938a43ef">Re: Showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]I only got 3 sets of my dishes, I asked for 12.  I also put down a comforter and sheet set, and got nothing.  I did get 4 cheese graters and 6 whisks though......Not sure how that happened because they all ran through the registry.  I did get my kitchen aid mixer and some other bigger items.  I'm going to wait until after the wedding/honeymoon and buy the rest of the dishes and the comforter/sheet set.
    Posted by michelle11988[/QUOTE]

Were these gifts brought to the shower?  How do you react hen you open so many of the same gift?
    weddingcake-1
  • Different items were bought from my registry at different times. For example, my aunt who couldn't attend my shower bought two of my place settings, but then FI's aunt and cousins bought the other place settings and cereal bowls.  We didn't get everything on our registry, but we will probably purchase whatever else we want after the wedding.  Also, there's a possibility that some of the people who can't come to the wedding we'll send us a gift from the registry. That's what I've done in the past if I can't attend a wedding. 
    imageAnniversary
  • edited May 2012
    HAHAHA. This post made me go on our Pottery Barn registry. (I'm sorry; I totally stalk my registries.)

Anyway, several of our items come as sets of 4. It's possible to only buy one of each item, obviously, btu the "Set of 4" price is very reasonable and ends up being way less per item than buying individually, so we decided that we'd register for 8 of each item - i.e., 2 sets of four. 

In looking at the registry, someone bought 2 of EACH ITEM - meaning, 2 soup bowls, 2 dinner plates, two salad plates, 2 cereal bowls, and 2 mugs. This means there are 6 now remaining items for each item -- which means one and a half sets.

Moral of the story: I have a feeling we're going to be purchasing random numbers of items off of our registry, too. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh that stinks!!! Well now I know I'm not the only one it's happening to lol! Not that it's the end of the world, but you're definitely kind of forced to spend money because what the heck are you going to do with 2 dishes lol?!
  • Nancy luckily there was a lot of items in the bags, so I just held up some of the others and said there was other kitchen utensils in there.  I also figured noone would want to see all 10 items at once.  I was also pressed for time on some of it and was trying to speed things up!

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_showers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:e3c5cb48-4d74-423e-9f83-e3cb0aece26bPost:3de01253-dcbe-4d6e-aeb9-95d7fc0d9d17">Re: Showers</a>:
    [QUOTE]HAHAHA. This post made me go on our Pottery Barn registry. (I'm sorry; I totally stalk my registries.) Anyway, several of our items come as sets of 4. It's possible to only buy one of each item, obviously, btu the "Set of 4" price is very reasonable and ends up being way less per item than buying individually, so we decided that we'd register for 8 of each item - i.e., 2 sets of four.  <strong>In looking at the registry, someone bought 2 of EACH ITEM - meaning, 2 soup bowls, 2 dinner plates, two salad plates, 2 cereal bowls, and 2 mugs. This means there are 6 now remaining items for each item -- which means one and a half sets.</strong> Moral of the story: I have a feeling we're going to be purchasing random numbers of items off of our registry, too. :)
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

This happened to us, too! We are registered at Williams-Sonoma, and we registered for 8 place settings. So far two have been purchased, so that's fine. But the place settings don't come with cereal / ice-cream bowls, just the shallow soup bowls, so we registered for two sets of four of those so we'd end up with 8, to match our place settings. But someone bought two individual bowls rather than two sets. You can't even do that online, so I guess it was someone in the store, that had the printout of the registry, and didn't understand that we wanted two sets.

So we are either going to have to try to find a way to purchase individual bowls to complete the set, or we'll end up with more bowls than place settings, which I guess isn't the worst thing.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We actually didn't get ANY of our place settings or our silverware at my shower. It was like everyone saw the "cool" and big-ticket items on our registry and bought those for purposes of giving me something exciting, haha. We got the things like the fondue set and the wine kits and the appliances, rather than place settings.

We are hoping lots of people get us place settings for the wedding so we don't have to buy them ourselves, like you said!!! most of the "cool" stuff is now gone from the registry, so if people want to get us actual gifts rather than money/gift cards, it will be the boring stuff that is left, haha!
  • After reading this, I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to go back and add things to our registry after the shower? Hhhmmm...

Or take things off if someone gave them at the shower but didn't use the registry. I know some people go online to see what you've registered for but then buy the same thing at a different store.

• kidlets - that happened to us. We got some really random things that were nearly identical to what we registered for, but not the same (for example - FSIL bought us a salad spinner LIKE the one we registered for, only different. why, I am not sure). We went back in and deleted the one that we had registered for, since no one would ever need two salad spinners. We had a lot of other random things that people used their imagination on that we had registered for different versions of. It is fine to mess with your registry after your shower, we made quite a few other changes too :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards