Florida-South Florida
Options

Engagement Party Dress

Was thinking of wearing this for my Saturday night engagement party. It is black with silver accents at the top. I was going to wear silver strappy shoes with it...My Mom says that she doesn't think that a Bride to Be should wear a black dress at the engagement party....what do you think?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Engagement Party Dress

• Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like it :) And I don't think it is inappropriate to wear black at an engagement party.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I voted no .... I think the dress looks great.  But I'm on Mom's side. 

However, with that said you should also wear something you are comfortable in while still looking great. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also on mom's side on the not wearing black... BUT this comes from a girl that doesn't wear black on her birthday either lol

But like Mari said, I also think you should wear something you feel comfortable in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cute dress but I'm with mom this one. I'm milking all the white dresses I can out of my engagement/wedding!!

But, wear what you want- that's what matters!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's cute. My friend wore black at her engagement party and one of my friends told me she would kill me if I wore black. I think you should wear what you are comfortable in, I would prob not wear all white to the engagement party but thats me, I'm not a white outfit person. hmmm...  I vote whatever you want! If you love the dress but think mom will make a fuss then you will be uncomfortable in it anyway.
  • Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just know that not everyone is comfortable in white (with the exception of a wedding dress of course). I'm pasty as all get out and can't pull off white, so I haven't worn it to any of our engagement-related events. I think that if you like the dress, then go for it! Its cute and if people are THAT focused on you wearing black then they need something else to concentrate on anyways!
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I voted no because unless the engagement party is somewhere fancy/upscale, I don't think black is appropriate. However, I refuse to wear white to all the wedding related things. I think white is reserved for the wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input! I will look for another dress and if I can't find one, I will wear this one :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I think it depends on the engagement party.  If it is something a little fancier, then go for it.

I'm having my engagement party this Saturday too, and I am having a heck of a time finding a dress.  It's luau themed, so I am searching for something with bright colors.  I have a closet full of cute little black dresses, but I know I couldn't get away with one at my party.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I voted yes. You should be able to wear whatever you want, you're the bride. I wore black to my rehearsal and noone said anything about it. Then again, if they had, I probably bitten their head off.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    holy moly .. you look like my FSIL!!! lol :) I think black is fine.. its your party after all!
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards