Florida-South Florida
Options

Need Honest Opinions on Possible Color Scheme!

Hi girls! It's been so long since I've been on the Knot but I think we've finally set our wedding date- 12/22/12!

I've spent a little too much time looking at color schemes here and have found one I absolutely love:

My fiance likes it, my mother hates it as do many of my other family members but I really don't care about anyone but my fiance and I. HOWEVER, I'm concerned- I know orange is definitely not a December color. Do I have to abide by the seasons when I choose my color scheme? I love this but don't want to look too crazy!

Thanks!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Need Honest Opinions on Possible Color Scheme!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If both of you love it, go for it! Plus it's South Florida, and orange is a Florida color no matter the season. Also, I see silver in there, which gives it a wintery feel. It'll be great!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love it!  And in Florida, you can pretty much use whatever color you want year round.

I'm getting married the end of Oct. and orange is one of my colors.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly, does Fl really have season color schemes? I think the orange and gray look great. The gray tones down the orange. Love it.
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the responses!! I really appreciate it. I'm worried about my girls being in orange-- I guess I could put them in grey or silver?

Again, thank you- you girls are great!

Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Put them in Gray and have orange flowers!!! Smile
    I am thinking about gray for mine with purple flowers :)
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_need-honest-opinions-possible-color-scheme?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:83d8692f-88b0-45ef-b7f7-ac5d153a6553Post:e6f69d94-c7e8-49da-9c63-b87f484816ea">Re: Need Honest Opinions on Possible Color Scheme!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Put them in Gray and have orange flowers!!! I am thinking about gray for mine with purple flowers :)
    Posted by lgrn22[/QUOTE]

Your color combination sounds gorgeous!

I love gray. Great idea- thanks a lot!!

Now.. as far as all those orange haters, just ignore them right?

• Options
    edited December 2011
     I love the colors!

I say go for it, like everyone else has, and do the gray dresses with orange flowers! It's Florida and everything goes! lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the gray & orange color scheme!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

love the colors...! and i agree that the gray really gives it that winter feeling and i think it will be perfect in florida! :)

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think it would look season appropriate and beautiful if you used the gray/white as the main color and the orange as an accent, like in the pictures.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i really like it too! I think the idea of grey dresses with orange flowers rock. You can always look into that burnt orange color too :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love that color combo. I think grey/silver dresses are great. I was a BM with a silver dress many years ago. Us girls were all different skin tones and we all looked great in that color! So pretty :)
    Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
    image -mich-
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like it and the bridal bouquet is so pretty, such a lovely use of color!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Gray is such a great color and works so well as a neutralizing color - with orange accents it will look so chic!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing that same Orange/Turquoise/Champaign for our March wedding, and I love it, the combinations looks really good and I think it works any time a year!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks amazing!!!!!!! Love it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

OK, I'll be honest .... I HATE HATE HATTTTEEEE the color orange.  HOWEVER, I did see this same color scheme on the knot's home page of "NEW HOT COLOR COMBOS" ... And I though, man too bad I hate orange b/c that looks really good together.

LoL ..... so basically GO FOR IT b/c it looks fun modern and fresh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the opinions! 

Now, let's hope I just don't change my mind between now and next December (probably will!), hah!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Love it! Oranges are always ripe around that time of year too, so it's totally normal :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards