Florida-South Florida
Options

Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!

It's Monday! Confess what little secrets you have been keeping regarding your wedding plans.

Re: Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!

• Options
    we're secretly sending out certain invites late in hopes to cut the guest list!!! I know, it's harsh but we really have to stay withing budget!!! so maybe by sending them late they will have less time to plan....i feel awful...
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG! Katie, I had that same idea. We're inviting a few more people than our venue allows, and I'm so worried that EVERYONE just may decide to show up. I think what we'll do instead is just invite people who need to be there first, and as the rsvp's come in and we have a good handle on guest count, we'll send out other invites accordingly. 
    "HAPPINESS...is being married to your Best Friend"
  • Options
    Mine is more on the vent-side ... so last night I get a text from one of my MOHs questioning if I consider someone who I invited to my wedding stuff a friend bc this girl hasn't made an effort to contact her since her (my MOH's) separation from her husband some months back  bc she doesn't consider this girl a friend anymore.  I'm like that sucks u havent heard from her, but yeah.. we've always gotten along.  I never had a problem with her and FI loves her bf (who is a pretty good friend with her soon to be ex-husband)... UGh and I thought my engagement would continue being without issues
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • Options
    LOL ditto on the late invites!!! @dorkygirl, that's terrible. I know normally you wouldn't get in the middle but your friend is prob very sensitive since her separation, maybe it would help to do a girls day and invite both... Just to show the MOH that the friend hasn't chosen sides.
    SoFla December Siggy: Our favorite Holiday pic=Christmas 2011, 3 days after we got engaged 7E8C9975-2584-46D6-9348-98F987844629-655-00000022C95C02AF magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
    Free Disney Tickers https://apps.facebook.com/Disney-Weddings/sites/theprincessandthegator
  • Options
    I'm doing late invites too!  I am also feeling bad about a couple of single people I'm inviting..I'm not putting +1 or & guest on their invites.  Every penny counts.  And these single folks do not have significant others, so I believe it is Ok, but then I read comments on the board about single people never wanting to go to a wedding alone.  I've been invited to a wedding as a single a few times in the past and I was not offended.  I attended the weddings and had fun!
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    I haven't done hardly anything for the wedding and we're under 4 months now!! I need to pick floral and music, and then I *think* we are done!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Ok, Faith...I just peeked at your planning website and you and your FI are ADORABLE!  Sounds like you are planning an awesome weddng day!  :-)
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: Dec 19
    image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board
  • Options
    Happy to know I am not the only one sending out late invites ladies!!! 

@ DoryGirl- I like the idea of a little girl's day for you to all get together and reconnect.  I can relate to your friend as I dated someone for a long time and after we split there was definitely a division of friends.  My college roommate, who I though would always be one of my bridesmaids, stayed close with my ex-bf.  It's been really tough but we are still frineds, just in a different way.  When I met FI and we got engaged, our friendship had changed and she is not a BM, although I was one in her wedding.  Sadly that is just how life goes and your friend is probably feeling a little insecure about seeing her since their relationship is not what it once was.  I would just talk about it and invite them all out for a few drinks.  Once they get together I bet they will reconnect and see how much they missed one another.  Good luck!!! try not to let is bring you down!  Dang wedding drama!!! 
    image Le Creuset 5qt Oval French Oven in Caribbean Blue Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DorkyGirl17DorkyGirl17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    Thanks for the idea, Ladies.  @KAtieBee- sorry to hear that happened with your old friend.  Sucks when stuff like that happens. 
    I'm gonna try a ladies night soon, but if not, we'll be having our friends over in a couple wks. for my bday game night so we'll see how that goes.  I really hate drama and I'm SO non-confrontational lol but regarding our mutual friend, MOH even said, "That's good at least you got yourself a new friend :-) "  Unnecessary comment when the girl has been around for the past 3yrs.  SMH ... I do feel really bad though that she has to deal with being a part of the wedding process while dealing with her mess. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Nov. SoFla Siggy -Fav. Registry Item- Kitchen Aid from my BP!
  • Options
    Ok. We just got a response card back from a friend of my FI whose wife is impossible and intolerable. We emailed all the guys for a bachelor party and invited him even though he is not in the grooms party. The guys are going deep sea fishing. So he responds "I do not think deep sea fishing is good for the baby and (my wife) gets sea sick". He has a 1 yr old. First off who invited his wife and BABY to a bachelor party let alone deep sea fishing. Then he responds that he is bringing the baby to the wedding. I am not sure how to tell them that we are not having babies at the wedding. I think it is so rude to just invite a baby and to assume the baby would be invited to a bachelor party. Thoughts on how to handle this?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-confessional-booth-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:83e5540f-9627-486e-a4f7-c05955d0720bPost:b2c4ecf6-faab-4069-a272-70152fe46f1f">Re: Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok. We just got a response card back from a friend of my FI whose wife is impossible and intolerable. We emailed all the guys for a bachelor party and invited him even though he is not in the grooms party. The guys are going deep sea fishing. So he responds "I do not think deep sea fishing is good for the baby and (my wife) gets sea sick". He has a 1 yr old. First off who invited his wife and BABY to a bachelor party let alone deep sea fishing. Then he responds that he is bringing the baby to the wedding. I am not sure how to tell them that we are not having babies at the wedding. I think it is so rude to just invite a baby and to assume the baby would be invited to a bachelor party. Thoughts on how to handle this?
    Posted by catsai2386[/QUOTE]
    Wow, this is a tough one! Wow for the guy to even think of bringing his wife and his 1yr old to your FI's bachelor party. It may be best to ask your FI to talk to his friend and tell him that bachelor party is only for guys and hopefully he understand. As far as the wedding, tell FI to tell his buddy it's an adult reception only. It really irks me when someone decides to bring their kids when the couple have either expressed it on their invites or in person "adult reception only".
  • Options
    Hi. I am in the same delimma regarding how many I an invite, versus what I afford. I am making an A and B list. If anyone from the A list declines, I will choose to replace from the B list.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-confessional-booth-monday-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:83e5540f-9627-486e-a4f7-c05955d0720bPost:ab127b1d-5238-43d1-9c64-1d864de66eea">Re: Wedding Confessional Booth Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi. I am in the same delimma regarding how many I an invite, versus what I afford. I am making an A and B list. If anyone from the A list declines, I will choose to replace from the B list.
    Posted by Dukefan561[/QUOTE]
    A lot of people seem to have a problem with having A and B lists for guests especially the Etiquette board. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it because there are some people you need to invite whether it be family or friends of the family which leaves less space for other guests you truly want to attend. I have read in many wedding planners that it is always best to have an A and B list just in case. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards