Florida-South Florida
Options

Off Duty Police Officer - For Wedding

Hi
Ive been doing research but its not clear to me. Since i am having the wedding at my parents house and there will be over 200 guest with cars, my father suggested getting a police officer to keep watch outside. Does anyone know where i need to go or how much it costs for something like this?

thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Off Duty Police Officer - For Wedding

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    You would need to contact the local police and they might have you fill out a permit for your event, which they might put you in touch with some off duty police officers who will work your event. Our city officers are paid $40 an hour to work events,..so that's a number to work with. You can also look into a security company.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Danielle!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if you already contacted your local PD, but I work for one, and if you plan on using an officer, make sure you call them early.  We have people call us the day of the event and it's rarely possible to get an officer to cover the event because they don't use on duty officers, they use off duty ones.  Call at least a month in advance so they can find someone to cover it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards