Florida-South Florida
Options

UM YEAH, XQUISITE EVENTS..

I met with Emmy and Jen on Saturday at my venue, the Bank of America Sky Lobby. They are VERY polite and curteous. HOWEVER, when I told her I did not want to spend more than $3,000 on CENTERPIECES ALONE, that was not counting the florals for the church nor the draping that I wanted nor the bridal party bouquets, which I have 6 girls!, she looked at me like she had seen a ghost. They were no longer interested and kind of wanted to pack it up and go. She kindly said she would send me the proposal in a few days. Well, she calls today and tells me that " There is no point in you having us as a florist because we would charge you atleast $1,000 in delivery charges." and "What you want is simple and anyone can do it, we typically like to do things that are unique and over the top, as you can tell by our website". UM, EXCUSE ME.
To summarize, unless you are Donald Trumps daughter, do not even bother going to these people. They will beat around the bush, politely, to tell you they do not want your business, unless its over $10K and its something extremely pointless and extravagant, like out of a circus. I definitely got an "I told you so" from my mom. lol
On to hunting for a new potential florist :)

Re: UM YEAH, XQUISITE EVENTS..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try Trias flowers, they are very nice, prices are good and their work is beautiful. I'm using VIvian Colls she beat Trias prices so I'm going with her and just as nice.....I say try them both and see what you can get for the money =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

WOW - your CP budget is almost three times my entire floral budget!  I'm sure you will find a better florist at way better prices and never have to deal with these people again!!!!

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    daphnessdaphness member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!

I hate bad vendors, a good business takes small and large jobs ($3000 is not a low budget btw).

Im glad you posted this. I hope a lot of girls read this.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats what I was saying Carmen - even if 3k was her whole budget she should have been able to get an awesome florist.  These people want to only do 100k weddings or something.  In this economy they are dumb not to work with budgets.  i shopped my $1500 flower budget around and I'm having a complete package (ceremony decor, 17 CP, my bouquet, 4 BMs, 5 guys, two grandma corsages, my cake and cake table and a large arrangment for my guest book table)  with all the flowers I want including orchids. 

Melissa - shop around - you will find someone who not only will give you want you want for your budget - it will be someone you really like and feel comfortable with!
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, sorry this happened to you. There are tons of talented florists that will be thrilled to work with you no matter what your budget! Benny at Daniel Events just did my wedding and I was shocked at what he was able to do within my budget.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the feed back guys! I appreciate it! I agree that a good business takes both small and large. I will look into daniel events !:) and I keep seeing great things about vivian colls on this board so i will be calling her as well :) and you can't go wrong with trias.. they've been around for ages lol like my parents ages almost!!
    <3
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the pp's and florist or vendor should be helpful and work or at least try to work with any budget.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    def look into daniel events!!! we booked him on the spot!!! love love love his work!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    W-O-W!!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    babytecbabytec member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I can't beleive this! A good florist should be able to create something beautiful no matter what your budget is. Forget them! Shop around and you'll find someone that will be more than happy to work with your budget and still give you something beautiful!Smile! GL

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow. I just saw their website, and while they do amazing work, they need to get over themselves. That is no way of treating a customer. So you have a <$3,000 centerpiece budget, trust me, somebody out there will do wonders with that.

Insane. Keep looking, the girls have a lot of great recommendations!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Joel's floral design.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I met with my florist/wedding coordinator today and was blown away by her work.
    Try Silvia Rodriguez.
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im in shock...your budget for center pieces if high and for them to treat you like that is a JOKE! wowwww
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards