Florida-South Florida

DJ

So, I've been MIA for a few days now. Went out of town the last few days. But I'm back....for a little while. It's my summer vacation from work and this is my time to travel with friends and family.
On to wedding stuff...tomorrow I have an appointment with Vision DJs. (Thank you Lacey for that summer deal they are having.) Are there any questions I need to ask when going in? This is the 1st DJ I'm going to go see and I feel clueless. If you have any tips, suggestions, etc., please post them. Thanks!!
Invited: 147 image Attending: 81 image Declined: 22 image Not Yet Replied: 44 image RSVP Date: February 28th March Siggy: 1st picture ever taken together. Ohana's restaurant at Disney's Polynesian Hotel imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Updated 7/7/10 Planning Bio
image -mich-

Re: DJ

• henrygomes24henrygomes24 member
    10 Comments
    edited December 2011
    Call DJ Freddy from www.danceallnightdjs.com they have some great deals. Here are some questions to ask when hiring a DJ.

Is the DJ available for your date?

Begin your conversation by indicating the date, time, and location of your event.

Will the disc jockey you speak to be the one who performs at your event?

Be aware that some DJ company’s act as booking agencies that assign many DJ's to functions they book. To avoid any last minute surprises, make sure that you have spoken with the person who will be performing at your function before you book the event. Don't let your event be a training session for someone with little or no experience.

Is the disc jockey willing to meet with you for an interview before you hire them?

It is important that the DJ you choose be a serious professional who is willing to dedicate time and effort to your event. This commitment should start before any agreements are made, and a dedicated professional should be happy to meet with you to answer any questions.

. How does the equipment look? What is the expertise of the DJ using it? Can they supply pictures of their equipment?

Yes, the equipment does make a difference. All DJs should be able to supply you with recent pictures of their equipment. This does not mean that you have to be an expert as well, but it would not hurt to peruse some of the professional DJ equipment manufacturers to get some information to be armed with when you talk to your DJ. Also, remember, more than likely you will be spending good money on decorations for your event; the DJ's equipment should not spoil that. Also, it should not be consumer grade equipment. Remember, Uncle Jack's stereo might sound great in Uncle Jack's basement, but, it may be barely heard when put into a banquet hall of 300 or more people.

Those are just a few I found.

• Lacey36Lacey36 member
    2500 Comments
    edited December 2011
    yay so happy you have an interview with them you will love them! =) I would ask them what is expected from them, pricing, the have an online tool which is amazing and sooo organized. I would also ask if they have back-up equipment (which they do). Things you would like to know for music. Lighting too. Good luck!!!
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards