Florida-South Florida
Options

DJs in South Florida

Hi Ladies,

I am trying to find a DJ for my wedding in Key West.  The 2 preferred vendors for DJs by the resort where I am getting married seem pretty pricey.  Does anyone know what would be a decent rate for a DJ? 

Deana Orlando, FL Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DJs in South Florida

• Options
    IMO, I'd say from $500-$1500.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Weddingwire has some really good recommendation
  • Options
    The one place that gave me pricing so far is charging $875 for 3 hours, with additional hours at $100/hr. 
  • Options
    I would say anywhere between $800 - $1500 is a decent amount for a DJ. Just depends on your budget :)
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Danny&Mel2003Danny&Mel2003 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_djs-in-south-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:8b781b1d-f714-4478-bcd9-7bfccf0ee89fPost:3237a699-17db-4e59-8be2-859a55cff21b">Re: DJs in South Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]The one place that gave me pricing so far is charging $875 for 3 hours, with additional hours at $100/hr. 
    Posted by StellarStar661[/QUOTE]

Eddie B I believe is 5 hrs at 895 but send him email there good about contacting back

Eta: idk if they travel to key west maybe they could recommend someone
  • Options
    Mb entertainment
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.  The resort only has 2 vendors listed on their preferred vendors list for DJs.  If I hire someone that is not on their preferred list I will need to show proof of insurance.  I don't really understand that exactly.  I have emailed the wedding coordinator at the resort to ask her to explain that better for me. 

• Options
    Most of them do have insurance unless they are some fly by night company. It's easy...they will just give you a copy to give to your venue
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    UBI is about $695 for 4 hours and uplighting (depending) is about $300-$400
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I know of only one DJ under $800. You're looking probably more at $800-1500 although $600ish is a possibility (try DJ Billman).

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Deana, where in KW are you getting married? We are getting married at Ocean Key in December 2012! I am new to this board, am usually over on the DW board.
    Until we say 'I DO'! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am getting married at The Reach Resort, on the pier, January 19, 2013 :)

I am in LOVE with the pier...

http://waldorfastoria3.hilton.com/resources/media/wa/EYWRRWA/en_US/img/shared/full_page_image_gallery/main/WA_pier_9_745x420_FitToBoxSmallDimension_Center.jpg

Have you picked out your vendors?  I am going down next month to meet with a bunch of vendors.  :)
  • Options
    We are having ours on the pier at Ocean Key! I loved the pier idea! We were just down there to visit the venues, but did not have time to visit vendors also. Except we did meet with a wedding planner for day of management services. The only other vendor I have set up is the photographer, who I am very excited about! Since we just got the venue last week now I need to move onto booking vendors! Let me know if you find any good DJs and I will do the same!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_djs-in-south-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:8b781b1d-f714-4478-bcd9-7bfccf0ee89fPost:1077d39c-8e96-4fcf-8a6c-37e3267a50e5">Re: DJs in South Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are having ours on the pier at Ocean Key! I loved the pier idea! We were just down there to visit the venues, but did not have time to visit vendors also. Except we did meet with a wedding planner for day of management services. The only other vendor I have set up is the photographer, who I am very excited about! Since we just got the venue last week now I need to move onto booking vendors! Let me know if you find any good DJs and I will do the same!
    Posted by TrudM75[/QUOTE]

Yeah I will defintely let you know who we go with.  Who is your photographer? 
  • Options
    The price you were quoted sounds about right to me. 

I also second Eddie B., he does travel down to the Keys.

*So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just got off a phone call with a different place, Visualize Entertainment and he says they charge:

$1095 for up to 4 hrs
    $350 for cocktail & ceremony
    $600 for uplighting

I guess the first place is better priced!  I will contact Eddie B to see how he is.
  • Options
    You should cvontact my dj's DJ Connection. They are a great company with excellent reviews.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_djs-in-south-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:8b781b1d-f714-4478-bcd9-7bfccf0ee89fPost:387d567f-7d64-44c1-8c53-1323e79ceadf">Re: DJs in South Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJs in South Florida : Yeah I will definitely let you know who we go with.  Who is your photographer? 
    Posted by StellarStar661[/QUOTE]

We are using JHunter for our photographer.  I loved his work when I saw it online and was very happy that he had our date available, he had very few left for 2012!

I think that I got the same DJ info and pricing that you got...haha!  I am leaning towards Soundwave - their pricing sounds better and they seem to get really good reviews and recommendations!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_djs-in-south-florida?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:67Discussion:8b781b1d-f714-4478-bcd9-7bfccf0ee89fPost:ba695bde-1d59-41f7-bd0e-351531e7fc14">Re: DJs in South Florida</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DJs in South Florida : We are using JHunter for our photographer.  I loved his work when I saw it online and was very happy that he had our date available, he had very few left for 2012! I think that I got the same DJ info and pricing that you got...haha!  I am leaning towards Soundwave - their pricing sounds better and they seem to get really good reviews and recommendations!
    Posted by TrudM75[/QUOTE]

I will have to look into JHunter.  I still haven't contacted many photographers, just the one through Soundwave and Julie Studio.  Is JHunter priced nicely?  I want to spend between $1,000 to $2,000 on a photographer.  A lot of the packages I see on the photographer sites are around $4,000.

I have an appointment with Visualize Entertainment when I go down next month.  The guy talked to me on the phone for a while and I like what they offer.  Looks like the grand total he gave me was about $2,000.  He would be there for the whole ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception along with providing uplighting.  He also mentioned that there is a client portal where I could go online and pick all the songs for my playlist and share it with my parents and such so they can pick out songs as well. 

I need to actually talk to Soundwave, I just got a few emails from them and that is it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards