Florida-South Florida
Options

Bridal Shower vent/opinions

So my family is throwing me a bridal shower. They want a minimum amount of people to come. I feel like it is so rude to invite all these people it seems like gift seeking! This is the most ackward thing ever! Did you invite your Fi's family to your bridal shower?

Re: Bridal Shower vent/opinions

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am inviting FI's family and friends to the bridal shower. For no particular reason except that I think I should since they are invited to the wedding, not for gifts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I should explain. He has like 8 aunts. 2 of them I have met once and live out of town. They aren't going to be able to come to the shower and then the wedding 2 months later. It just feels like heres an invite, know you can't make it but please send a gift. 

My family has taken over my wedding and I'm starting to get really upset. None of this has anything to do with me. It feels like a really big show.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in a different situation as I am closer to FI's family and they will probably be the ones throwing mine. I just wanted to say sorry you are going through this :( It is nice that they are throwing your shower, however I would probably say something...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do also feel that it is perfectly fine to invite them to the shower because they are invited to the wedding. If they weren't invited to the wedding then it would be different. It's your wedding and if you're not comfortable then say something.
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    My mom asked if she could invite people not invited to the wedding! It feels like what I want is the last thing on everyone's mind. My invites are about to be printed and they are still complaining about who they didn't get to invite!
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    edited December 2011
    As long as they're being invited to the wedding you can send them an invitation for the shower.

That being said, I gave my MOH only addresses for my H's family that I had met and felt comfortable inviting.  The others I just invited to the wedding only.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I honestly think the only "rule" that should be followed is that you shouldn't invite people to your bridal shower who AREN'T invited to the wedding... tell your mom no on that one.

In regards to those invited to the wedding... I think its up to you who you want at the shower. Showers tend to be more intimate and if you don't want his family/friends there, then I think its perfectly fine not to have them there.

Sorry you're going through all of this drama with the shower :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies. I'm so struggling with the balance between this is about two families joining and what my FI and I really want. My family will take over and invite 300 people to the wedding and make it a huge spectacle if  I don't watch them. They have always done stuff like this, especially my mom
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards