Florida-South Florida
Options

Diet/Workout Plans

Any one doing any specific diet and/or workout programs that are working for you?  Any recommendations?  I'd like to lose a few pounds before my big day in Jan! 

image 82 Invited
image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
RSVP Date: Dec 19
image Favorite Registry Item/South FL Board

Re: Diet/Workout Plans

• Options
    Hot Yoga has worked wonders for me :-)
  • Options
    The ONLY thing that works for me is Atkins. If you stick to it, you will lose weight. If you cheat, even if only ONCE and just a little bit, it wont work.

The basic idea is you get your body to go into ketosis, which means you have no carbs to burn so your body burns your fat. You can lose seriously like 30 - 40 pounds in three months. But again, if you cheat, if will backfire.

Heres what you eat - 

Anything without carbs.

Heres what you DONT eat - 

Anything with carbs.

For me, its easy - eggs and bacon or sausage for breakfast, hamburger or chicken or fish for lunch (NO bun or ketchup or anything with carbs mind you!)

and again, chicken or steak or fish or pork for dinner.

for snacks, anything with no carbs is A-OK.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Try the Paleo Diet! Basically, you cut off carbs, sugars, dairy and wheat products. You can have all the protein, veggies, and fruits you want. I have tried it for 2 weeks and I have slimmed down quick. My issue is giving up soda and rice (I eat it everyday) but when I stick to it works fast. I am on it now and I felt less bloated.

Also, lower your salt intake to reduce any bloatness if you are experiencing it.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.  That Paleo Diet sounds like something I may try, but it would be hard to cut out bread.  Mademoiselle, I'm Puerto Rican so I eat rice almost every day too!  That would be another hard one for me.  But, if I want to shed some pounds, I better put my will power into high gear.
    image 82 Invited
    image 35 are ready to party! image 6 have better things to do image41 are lollygagging
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_dietworkout-plans?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:8cf27ba9-259c-4ec0-afee-788a6c723b2dPost:19654879-0e11-4cb4-bbf8-931fb00e539e">Re: Diet/Workout Plans</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks ladies.  That Paleo Diet sounds like something I may try, but it would be hard to cut out bread.  Mademoiselle, I'm Puerto Rican so I eat rice almost every day too!  That would be another hard one for me.  But, if I want to shed some pounds, I better put my will power into high gear.
    Posted by missv19732000[/QUOTE]
    I really love bread and rice so when my FI and I went on it I was having a hard time adjusting. The first few days were the worst but then I got used to it and when I started seeing the results then I really stayed with it. The only grain I did have was oatmeal during the morning.
  • Options
    re-posting...
    image 82 Invited
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards