Florida-South Florida
Options

AHHH... I want to cry!

So I was studying in the living room tonight when FI came out to me and wheeled up to his prosthetics that are sitting in the living room... he hs been wearing "shrinkers" to get rid of any residual swelling for the past day or so.  I'm not really paying much attention, but all of a sudden i hear these clicks (kinda like the noise you hear when you put your gas cap back on)... this was an all too familiar noise... it's a noise I'll know forever, the noise of him clicking the shell part of his prosthetic into the actual leg part... I freaked out and dropped what I was doing and went over to him and asked if he needed help.  He grabbed his canes and I grabbed him and he tried to stand up... it took a couple tries, but he did it.  Then he sat down, wheeled over to the back of the couch to use that to hold on to, he stood up, braced on the couch with one hand, walked the length of the couch and turned around and came back.  My heart meltedfor him!  I will admit, it was kind of weird seeing him stand up again and walk after 3 months of recovering, but it was a moment where I was so proud of him.  He has a long ways to go... he needs to rebuild the muscle in his upper legs, and probably need new prosthetics since the shape of his legs have changed since surgery, but it was definitely a start!!!  Knowing him if he has anything to say about it, he'll be "back to normal" by next weekend.
Photobucket

Re: AHHH... I want to cry!

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awwww Candis, I have tears in my eyes reading this!!!! My heart melts for both of you!!! He'll get there, watch and see! You're such an amazing fiance'!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW!!!! He definitely has a strong will to better himself and that's just absolutely wonderful!!!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    He hates not walking and he struggled with having the surgery in the first place, he was supposed to be out of commission for 3 weeks, which turned into 3 months so to see him stand up was cool.  It was like watching it from the beginning all over again.  I know it can be hard to relate to not being in the situation or knowing him he's just a normal guy with normal aspirations who has a big physical hurdle to over come but he'll do it and he'll be dancing at the wedding... trust that. :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    bridetobe417bridetobe417 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work in a rehab center and have seen people make such incredible recoveries. It definitely helps that he has someone as supportive as your to help him in his recovery. Sending you good thoughts!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay!! I can't really relate but FI had a really bad accident at work and almost lost his foot. He had some intense surgeries and PT. They said he would never walk normal, but it's been 5 years and he does. He'll have nasty scars and pain for the rest of his life, but he was determined to walk without a limp (and most of the time he does).
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome Lynette!! It's all about their frame of mind!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    and....the water works arrived.....sooo sooo sooo happy for you guys!  Congrats to Rob....so PROUD!  tell me the knotties LOVE HIM!
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    He def WILL be dancing at the wedding with all that aspiration and strong will and your support! :)
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

yup .. water works over here too :) that's so exciting for him and you! Congrats to him for the determination and perseverance and to you for being so supportive!!

Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im so happy for you!! Tell Fi the Knotties are so proud of him and have tons of vibes to get him better and dancing at the wedding!!! My Fi had arm surgery and couldnt do anything for a month. I cant imagine what you both are going thru. Its always good to see someone stand by someone they love!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    wow!! that is so amazing
    I am so happy for you and for him, from the bottom of my heart I really am
    this is great news :)
    BabyFetus Ticker Bravado Bras at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    graceandjakegraceandjake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow this brought tears to my eyes.  I hope the recovery only gets better from here!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    God bless him, that's so wonderful Candis...thank you for sharing that moment with us. He is doing so well, you are such a wonderful love to him. He'll definitely be dancing with you on your wedding day! <3<3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Candis, don't you know that my emotions are fragile right now?! I'm weeping like an idiot on this end!

That's so awesome! I can't imagine the overwhelming joy in your heart to see him do that. I'm so happy for you both. Very proud of his progress and determination!

You are both amazing and were brought together for a reason!

May God (which ever one you pray to) continue to bless you both!  Can't wait to hear of what a great moment it was to dance at your wedding.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    :*(  Made me cry in a really good way. ♥
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure he will be dancing with you at your wedding. With drive and determination like that he will be able to over come.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i got chills reading this! i love the positive attitude you both have!!! keep it up my love!! xoxo

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to hug you guys big time....
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg I just totally started to cry! You and your fiance are so strong! What an amazing day for you guys. I hope the recovery keeps going this well! <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with everyone before me...You are both very strong..and his determination is so awesome! Those are the things that carry us through life no matter what we face... Many knottie vibes that he gets walking in no time..and I am sure at your wedding you will both dance the night away!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This was such a touching post, Candis, he is a strong man and you're a strong woman, you're the perfect match. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards