Florida-South Florida
Options

Garter Question(s)

So after I saw Evelyn and Stacy's awesome sports themed garters, I want to get the toss away garter of the Orlando Magic. But I still want the keepsake garter to be normal looking since that's the one I keep for me.

So I was thinking...  (caution: lots of questions)

Should I even bother getting an Orlando Magic one as the tossing garter since it's just gonna be "tossed" away? Does the person who catches the garter really keep it? Or will FI get it back? Cause then I might buy 2 so he can actually keep one.

((ps. we're skipping the part where whoever catches it has to put it on the leg of whoever catches the bouquet))

I is confuuuuused :(

Re: Garter Question(s)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i kept the one from my friend's wedding. :) But i think FI would like to have one :)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to get the sports themed one as the toss garter, I wouldn't bother. Usually the girl who catches the bouquet and gets the garter put on her leg would be the one to keep it, but since you're not doing that tradition, maybe the guy who catches it will keep it? Unless you go and ask for it back? Sorry, I'm no help. Lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If the toss away garter is going to be Orlando Magic then the guy who catches it would keep it since you are skipping the part where he would place it on the leg of the lady who catches the bouquet. I guess you could ask for it back but that seems a little like "Indian giving" to me. Just my opinion. If your FI wants a garter with the Orlando Magic you could just get one for him. HTH.
  • Options
    sambrefe67sambrefe67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im not quit sure...If its a good friend who catches it and you dont feel awkward asking him for it back then fine. BUT tat leaves it to chance.  I only got one garter bc to be honest....FI isnt a collector...what is he going to do with our wedding garter...put it in a drawer and never look at it again...thats what
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Stacy...my FI wouldnt really want one either...I am sure hes going to think its super cute and funny but he'll forget about it in a few weeks lol...I mean if you want to keep one with all the wedding stuff (which imma do with mines of course) then I would def buy two toss garters...i wouldnt want to ask whoever got it to give it back lol.... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards