Ohio-Cleveland

Cappelli's at Comfort Inn

So there's a new game plan. FI and I were trying to find some middle ground for east and west siders for our reception but have decided it may be easier to do something close to or at a hotel.  We know that La Malfa in Mentor is great, been to a couple weddings there and really liked it. But has anyone used Cappelli's or been to a reception there?  There seem to be mixed reviews online.

*edited for spelling

Re: Cappelli's at Comfort Inn

• BKJD0713BKJD0713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend got married there May of 2007.  I was MOH, so I was involved alot.  The happy couple was Eastside (Bride) and Westside (Groom); they also needed a location with a hotel.

The ceremony was held elsewhere.  Capelli's provided the decorations, which were tall vases with a simple flower arrangement.  The food was good, nothing amazing, but definately something everybody could eat.  It was served buffet style.

At the end of the night, they actually let the bride's family take home a lot of the leftover food, which was nice since the week before was so hectic.

If she hadn't been married there FI and I would look there, but we're trying to be different.

She would get married there again if she had to and was very happy with everything there.

The location was nice since there are less expensive hotels around, and late night restaurants.  We ended up staying up and chatting with other wedding guests staying at the hotel and getting some good old Speedway nachos :)

Definately worth looking into Capelli's.
  • makdakmakdak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you! I'm glad to hear another good review.  I got some pricing info from them and so far it seems that may be the way we go.  We'd also do a ceremony elsewhere. There are so many great outdoor options.
  • BKJD0713BKJD0713 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They had their ceremony at penitentiary glen, a Lake Metropark location in Kirtland.  They had appetizers and a cocktail hour for guests while we were taking pictures.  It worked out well, gave people sometime to get to the reception and mingle.

There are so many other beautiful places in the area for a ceremony!
  • LATRPLATRP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i've been to a wedding there and looked into them for ours, but went with La-Vera off 91 in willoughby hills, they were a little cheaper, and you bring your own alcohol in, which i like, because what you don't open, you can return when you find the right consignment wholesaler :) good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards