Florida-South Florida
Options

Yeah so a BM dumped me through Facebook

One of my BM moved to NY and promised me that she still wanted to be in the wedding< even after I gave her an option to say no.....Well she sends me this short PM on FB saying how she is not working and cant afford it, I am not bothered by the fact that she bailed on me 6 months out, I am just livid that she couldnt call me and tell me...Who does that?
South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!

Re: Yeah so a BM dumped me through Facebook

• Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aww, don't be mad about how she did it. I'm sure she's just a bit embarrased about the situation and didn't want to dissapoint you. It's much easier to do things online or via text when you don't have to see or hear the other person's dissapointment. 
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Watta B*t@h!!!  lol ...  that is super annoying but at the same time, I agree with Marian since it is something I would do too actually. I'd write a letter because I hate confrontation, she probably was embarrased too cut her a little slack
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with MariMac, Ithink it might have been an embarassing situation for her.  Losing your job is really tough.  Cut her some slack for the FB thing.  But, yes, I feel your frustration too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's a cop out.. she should've manned up and called you but at least she didn't wait til the last minute!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I saw the title of your post my first reaction was urgh WTF but what everyone is sayin is true. Money is tight for a lot of peeps and it was probably really hard for her to confront you and let you know. And 6 months notice is better than less... Still disappointing though :( GL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I read the subject, I was imagning that she did it via her status or on your fb wall. At least she was a little classier than that and sent you a PM! :) Sorry to hear about that though, it is disappointing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is what she wrote me:  " I DONT THINK IM GONNA B ABLE TO GO CUZ IM NOT WORKIN RIGHT NOW Y NO TENGO MONEY PARA EL BESTIDO"

and the last part says and I dont have money for the dress....

I think the message was short and lame....
    South Florida July Siggy Challenge-Bouquet image . image image ................. Invited:120image Attending:121 image Declined:001image Not Yet Replied:0image RSVP Date: July 25th Ready to Roll!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, it seems very cold and like it wasn't a big deal to her. That would piss me off!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ok.... so maybe I wouldn't cut her that much slack lol.. that wasn't a very thought out and "I feel really bad but I just can't" type of a message. I'm back to thinking she sucks
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011

All I'm gonna say about this is I'm sorry she can't be your bm... Just keep your head up and no matter what happens your wedding is still gonna be amazing!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 134 image 102 image 15 image 17
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards