Ohio-Cleveland

Outdoor Cleveland Wedding

Hi All, 

My fiance and I want to get married outdoors in Cleveland--me I'm more of the barn vintage type, but since he's not from Cleveland, he'd rather do something closer to downtown where his guests will be staying. All the barns I've found are at least 40 mins away. 

Are there any nice outdoor reception venues close to downtown?

Thanks!

Re: Outdoor Cleveland Wedding

• The Columbia Ballroom in Columbia Station (almost in Strongsville) would provide the rustic look you want but isn't TOO far but guests could stay in Strongsville hotels if they need accommodations.
  • edited February 2013
    Something you might consider doing is renting a bus to drive the OOT guests.

DH and I were married in a historical house about 30-40 minutes outside of Philadelphia.  We blocked rooms in the city so that our guests would be able to see the sites and rented vans to drive them to and from the wedding.  After everything they were spending to come here, we weren't about to make them rent cars and then find their way around.  This was a huge hit, especially since nobody had to worry about driving after drinking.

For downtown venues in Cleveland, there is always Windows on the River where there is a good sized patio.  The problem I have with this venue though is noise.  I was at a wedding there a few years ago and you could not hear a single thing because of a party going on up on the second floor.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_outdoor-cleveland-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:110Discussion:7f0309a6-fc70-4139-8c34-9cf005fd5346Post:c04f3bb6-211e-42b8-baae-3a52086dd198">Re: Outdoor Cleveland Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]Something you might consider doing is renting a bus to drive the OOT guests. DH and I were married in a historical house about 30-40 minutes outside of Philadelphia.  We blocked rooms in the city so that our guests would be able to see the sites and rented vans to drive them to and from the wedding.  After everything they were spending to come here, we weren't about to make them rent cars and then find their way around.  This was a huge hit, especially since nobody had to worry about driving after drinking. For downtown venues in Cleveland, there is always Windows on the River where there is a good sized patio.  The problem I have with this venue though is noise.  I was at a wedding there a few years ago and you could not hear a single thing because of a party going on up on the second floor.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>You need to come back to Cleveland...there's no more partying going on.  There have been a lot of renovations to the building.

</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-cleveland_outdoor-cleveland-wedding?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:110Discussion:7f0309a6-fc70-4139-8c34-9cf005fd5346Post:d7ba7863-219e-4c69-b6e3-92f82c6bbaa5">Re: Outdoor Cleveland Wedding</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Outdoor Cleveland Wedding : You need to come back to Cleveland...there's no more partying going on.  There have been a lot of renovations to the building.
    Posted by mlg78[/QUOTE]

The job situation is also bleak there.  DH and I have both had more success on the east coast than we ever had in Ohio.  (Attorney and Computer Programming Consultant).  We are planning on a visit at some point this year.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • the glidden house on university circle is a small, intimate venue that accomodates guests and can have ceremonies outside. allows 100 max i think.
  • Our ceremony is at the Hanna Courtyard at the Western Reserve Historical Society right by down town...there's also a rain site option indoors
  • I'm also using the Historical Society. They've been great to work with and they are located right next to the art museum and severance hall and minutes away from a few hotels and BBs. Very close to downtown and areas of interest if your guests will stay a few days to do some sightseeing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards