Florida-South Florida
Options

Welcome Bags for OOT???

For those of you doing them......... What are you putting in them? I need ideas as to what to put inside. TIA ladies.

Re: Welcome Bags for OOT???

• Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not personally doing these (I'm way too broke to be that nice to my guests!) but I've heard a lot of people put in a couple bottles of water, some pain reliever (for the recovery after your awesome reception!), some snacks for them to enjoy in the hotel room, just some of the little perks they don't have being so far from home. I've also loved the idea of having a nice bottle of wine with a personalized label or even a door hanger that says "Ssh...still recovering from so & so's wedding"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to do OOT bags for my guests. My family is from Pittsburgh(GO STEELERS!) and i was going to put things that reminded me of Florida... SPF, Margarita mix, Salt Water taffy, maybe a towel
    HTH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm thinking: water, advil package, snacks (haven't decided what yet, maybe something local or maybe something I can buy in bulk), Timeline of events, phone numbers in case anyone needs anything, map of the area and maybe some local attractions information and a list of restaurants in the area. That is all I can think of for now
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm on the fence about these...I am thinking about: maps, lists of suggested restaurants, schedule of events/important phone numbers and then water and snacks.

Is it to pushy/annoying to provide a schedule of events?

I love the advil idea! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maybe include something orange-y like those orange slice gummy candies? Mini bottles of sun block if you think it would get used? Little moist towelettes to cool people off? Miniature bottles of rum?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ssolo98ssolo98 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't started mine yet but I am thinking of putting in a map of the area, local restaurants, a welcome letter from me and my fiance, personalized bottle water, local snacks (if anyone knows any Miami local snacks I would love suggestions), and advil. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I won't be doing these either as most of my guests are from here. I think all the girls have given plenty of suggestions but I did want to say that I once saw someone who made a door hanger that says "Recovering from  SO and SOs Wedding... do not disturb"... I LOVEDDDDDD IT! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am working on these now.  I have extra gable boxes if anyone wants to buy some, in my bio. 

I put a postcard (beach picture with palms) on the outside with a ribbon (picture in bio under DIY).  The inside will have a bottle of water, 2 packets of Motrin, 2 bandaids, 2 hand sanitizer wipes (Purell), Tears of Joy tissues, an orange, schedule of events in case people forget (rehearsal dinner and morning after breakfast), key lime cookies (trying to figure out where to get these), local map (trying to get the tourism board to give me a lot), important phone numbers (us, taxi, hotel, etc), sun screen (if I can find it for not too costly), water taxi schedule (hotel is a stop), and one more item that is local.  We have 24 rooms reserved so far and expect about 10-15 more when we finally send out invites.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im looking into these totes.. but dont want them to be "empty"
    http://cheaptotes.com/canvas_teachers_tote.html or these http://cheaptotes.com/heavy_duty_9oz_tote.html
    if anyone has used them let me know. I want to do fl related items also, love the spf idea. I want to get these little key lime cookies I saw but by then who knows if I will remember. A postcard. Would love to do a towel too but may be too expensive.
    I think the basics are def advil, snacks, and water, maybe a deck of cards.

I saw mini etched bottles of wine so that may be an idea also. I dont want to spend a fortune on OOT bags but I think they are such a good idea esp since my wedding 90% of the people are OOT.

(sorry so long)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooo a deck of cards! I forgot about that, I was thinking about personalizing them but I think it may be too pricey 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You can find a really cute deck of cards at orientaltrading.com ..they have hearts or say love so atleast they are wedding theme

IF its the summer also add sunscreen (you can get small ones like at walgreens for pretty cheap)

as far as Miami treats:
    Keylime cookies
    Keylime pie
    Anything with Orange or ornages
    Anything Mango or Mangos
    Plantain Chips
    Yuca Chips

GL!

• Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies for all the suggestions!!!! These are great.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I work at Starbucks so we get weekly markouts on coffee, tea, and via. I plan on using that markout the weeks leading up to the wedding to get the Via instant coffee and including both hot and iced via packets in my bag, along with Key lime cookies my bridesmaids and I will bake the week prior, mini bottles of sunscreen, a letter from FI and me, directions to the ceremony and reception, and a list of local attractions and phone numbers.

PS...for anyone interested in doing coffee in the grab bags, Starbucks ALWAYS sells Via 6 and 12 packs buy 3 get one free...! And if any of you are in Martin county, come visit me at the Cove road/US1 Starbucks in Stuart! :)
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I put black glossy bags from Oriental Trading...slapped our monogram sticker on it

went to Costco...stocked up on all this FUN STUFF

put water bottles in it slapped with our names on water bottle labels.  (paid $350 for 150 stickers from Oriental Trading)

I also put in a scroll of our: wedding welcome letter, itinerary and list of restaurants/activities in the area.

and here is the final product!

First 3 bags are kids bags....stuff from the dollar store!

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    anaroo87anaroo87 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    key lime cookies and margarita mix are great ideas!!! thank you!

I was also thinking Plantain chips, Starbucks Via packets because they are so convenient, advil, mini sunscreen, maybe mini aloe vera lol, coconut M&Ms, maybe Clementines? not sure which of the orange-family fruit is in season in april ... still thinking of either ideas
    Planning Bio

April Siggy Challenge: The Ring

Anna♥Joey
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

image 160 Got Invited (..what happened to a small wedding?!)
    image 99 Are ready to party! image 49 Are missing out! image 13 Can't find the mailbox!
    RSVP Date: March 23, 2011
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Dee!!! That's awesome!!! You rock my socks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards