Florida-South Florida
Options

If you were a BM.........

What would you want to get as a BM gift?
What would you not wanna get?

I need to start getting ideas now. I don't want to get jewelry because my MOH doesn't really wear jewelry and my BM has a very specific style. I'm looking for something different. TIA ladies.

Re: If you were a BM.........

• Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like a gift card to somewhere I tend to go a lot or for a spa.  I got my girls each a gift card to somewhere I new they shopped or for somewhere I know they love to go. And got them other little things that I knew they liked.  Each personalized to their likings.

I don't like when jewelry is used for the gift that I'm expected to wear that day.
    Or a tote that I'll never use.  With stuff in the tote that I'll never use. (These are the only things I've experienced and didn't like.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    herculeschloeherculeschloe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a control freak so my BM's wont be surprised when they get matching jewelry from me! I just have to have everything uniform (that's my OCD kicking in). That being said, I think some personalized stuff is a great way to go. The giftcard idea is nice. Maybe if it is something that all would enjoy, treat them to a day at the spa shortly before the wedding so you can have some time to relax together?
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    I've only been a bridesmaid once and what I got was jewelry for the day. I think if it would have been jewelry that I liked, like if each girl had something that fit her personality I would have liked it more. But it was identical fake fancy jewelry that I've never worn again. 

But I do have to say that I didn't really think anything of it at the time. I didn't agree to be a bridesmaid because there was a fabulous gift in the end. But that said I am giving them matching totes that say Love (I think they are cute) and filling them with things that fit their personality.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've also been a BM who received wedding jewelry (expected to be worn at the wedding), the exact same as the other bridesmaids, as my BM gift. I've gotta say, I would have preferred if I had not been given it as a "gift" or "thank you" for being in the wedding, but rather if it was presented as something that the bride has provided for us to wear to the wedding. It just seemed like a fake gift, being that it wasn't personal or thoughtful, but just part of the wedding party look. 

That said, I'm going to buy something completely individual and non-wedding related  for each of my BMs; something that I know each girl would love (ie. one of them loves Romeo Britto art, so I'll get her something with his art on it.) But I'm also going to give them (not as a gift) some cheap, trendy costume jewelry, probably from Forever 21, to wear just for the wedding, so that they all have similar styles on.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    edited December 2011
    I would really like to receive a giftcard to a favorite store or an "experience" like a spa day or cooking class.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with everyone else on jewelry.  I've gotten it once, it was part of the wedding day outfit, and it was so not my style that I know I will never wear it again.

Same with most other typical bridesmaids  gifts - Coach wristlets, personalized tote bags, etc.  If you genuinely think your BMs are into any of those things, go ahead, but really consider how they would feel if you gave them that for, say, their birthday.  If they wouldn't be excited for any other occasion, don't give it as a BM gift.

I don't think there's anything wrong with giving wedding-day goodies (jewelry, a personalized tank top, etc.) but make sure to include something that's not just for the wedding. 

If I knew a good spa where my BMs lived, I would get them each a GC for a massage or something, but I don't know ... I might get them a necklace or something for everyday wear.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    abellabell member
    edited December 2011
    How about a gift card for a manicure and pedicure?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My bridesmaid's dress. Really, that's what I'm giving my girls (well, I'm giving them other things too), but if I could have ANYTHING as a bridesmaids gift, I'd want to not have to pay $100+ for a dress that I don't want.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards