Florida-South Florida
Options

destination wedding rehearsal dinner help

Ok girls...
those of you having a destination wedding.. Who are you inviting to the rehearsal dinner? what is the proper thing to do? Our wedding is in my FI's home town area, so it's kinda not destination but kinda is, cause i'm from Connecticut. I'm having a better turn out for guests than he is, and am trying to figure out who besides bridal party and immediate family do i invite to this rehearsal dinners?

His dad is offering to have the rehearsal dinner, but wondering how larger, my fi says not to large.. not sure what to do our wedding party and family alone total 29.
TIA for the help or suggestions...

Re: destination wedding rehearsal dinner help

• Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Hi sweetie-

The last few weddings I went to that I flew out for...I was invited to the rehearsal dinner, because I was considered "out of town"

Generally RD are just that...for immediate family, wedding party and out of town guests.

But times are changing and money is tight.

Us personally, are just having the RD for immediate family and the wedding party.  Its a lot of money to add all the OOT people when you are paying for them again the next day for the wedding!

We are lucky though...there are a handful of bars, restaurants and boutiques in walking distance from the hotel that the OOT guests can fend for themselves, so I don't feel guilty anymore about not inviting them to the RD.

If you just stick with immediate family and wedding party...have local restaurants and activities for your OOT guests to pick and choose what they want to do.

Hope this helps!

-Danielle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our rehearsal dinner will be the entire bridal party and their spouses, plus our parents. I think 1 or 2 additional out of town guests are being invited b/c my FIL requested it.

Depending on your budget, this is personal choice. Some people can afford to invite all of their out of town guests but since we're having our RD near our venue (Montys), we can't invite all out of towners.

And the wedding will be in my home town (Miami), so it's really not a destination wedding feel for me  (it's just long distance)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not having a destination wedding, however, I'm only having bridal party and parents at the RD. No grandparents, aunts, uncles, or OOT guests. It's just not in the budget. HTH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having a destination wedding(destination for fi, not me). ANywho, the RD will be our entire bridal party and spouses and our immediate family. We are having a Luau type RD at my parents house by the pool. GL.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're having a destination wedding and our RD will be bridal party & guests plus immediate families and grandparents. No way we could swing paying for everyone twice. I'm thinking of offering some guidance for other guests to meet up and go out on their own.
    Number Atttending 10 image Number Declined 37 image Number Not Replied 240 image
    RSVP Date: September 1
    /image>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You girls our Freaken FABULOUS! 
    Thanks bunches you were a huge help, I don't feel so bad.
    Maybe the FI was right.. I don't need to have all the OOTers there, it's so hard cause times and amoney are  changing. And his family is hosting the RD, and we want it simple and not out of control. Thanks for all the tips.
    LUv you girls you made me feel 10-hundred times better about this..
    you rock!

THANKS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards