Florida-South Florida
Options

Ring question

The guy at the jeweler told us that you can wear your ring either way.

Your wedding ring first then your engagement ring.
He said people wear it like this bcuz it's closest to their heart.

or

engagement ring first then wedding ring.

I neevr thought about this. I always thought your engagement ring first bcuz thats what you got first and then front your wedding ring.

How are you wearing it? Seems like a silly question.

I like ering first them wb. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: Ring question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Im wearing my wedding band in front of my ering. So I guess you can say my ering will be closest to my heart. Only reason is because I like it better that way.
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Now you don't have to do this.  But you are supposed to wear your band closest to your heart. Meaning your band then your e-ring.  ;)
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be wearing my wb closest to my hand and the e-ring on the outside.

I may also switch it up sometimes and wear just the wb and move my e-ring to my right hand. Just for funsies :)
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm going to wear the band first then the E - Ring, just because I like the way it looks like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent really thought of it either.  I still dont have my wb yet so I guess I'll decide when I see what looks better.  I have heard that you are supposed to wear your wb closest to your heart.

What about the wedding day?  Are you guys wearing your band and using your e-ring or wearing your e-ring and using your wb for the ceremony?  I always assumed you put the wb on the ring-bearer pillow and wear your e-ring but the ladies in my office tell me different~ I'm guessing I should know this but I dont.....
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    JillianLLJillianLL member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Adriele - good question. How does it work for the ceremony? I've always been curious. 
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Supposedly some people move the ering to the right hand for the ceremony. From what I heard.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mum wears her wedding band first, then her e-ring.

I'm not sure how I'll do it, but either way seems fine. Play it up!
  • Options
    avmn10avmn10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm wearing the band first, then ering.  I meant to put my ering on my other hand for the ceremony, but I forgot.  I was actually on the alter trying to switch fingers when the pastor was talking, when I realized that probably wasn't the best time to do it!  So I just had him put it on top, and switched afterwards. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good questions!!!

I'm getting married with my sister's wedding band (Jews are supposed to have no breaks in their wedding band - a plain band. Clearly I got diamonds on mine, lol) -- so Ill give my sister my ering and wedding band. Then right after ceremony I'll switch!!

I'll be wearing my WB then my Ering!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good question about the ceremony. Not sure how I'll do it. Maybe switch ering to my right hand or just leave my ering on my left and just ahve him out it in front..
    who knew their were so many ways. uugghhh...another thing to think about. lol

• Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll be wearing my band and then my engagement ring.
  • Options
    FutureMrsFezzFutureMrsFezz member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For our ceremony I switched my e-ring to my right hand.  Then afterwards just switched it back.
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm starting to feel that it doesnt really matter which ring you use for the ceremony.  FI always thought he puts the ering on during the ceremony since its the more expensive ring.  I told him the wedding band is supposed to be the symbolic one so that's the one you use in the ceremony.  But honestly I dont even think anyone pays attention to these things during your wedding.  I think I'm leaning towards wearing my ering and using the wb for the ceremony that way when I take photographs before the ceremony I will be wearing my ering.

image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    KellyC2181KellyC2181 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey everyone

I just joined today and pretty much have no idea what Im doing but since I came across this first I figured Id put another idea out there for ya....

Ive def heard wearing your wedding band closet to your heart deal but Ive also heard that wearing your engagement ring on the inside is better since thats typically more expensive than your wedding band, kinda like a "safe guard"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Kelly..welcome to our board. You should introduce your self on a seperate post so the other girls can meet you. Congrats and happy planning!! thanks for your opinion.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards