Florida-South Florida
Options

Would you think this was enough food?

If you went to an evening wedding (cocktail hour starts at 7, ends at midnight) and this is all there was to eat:

- Open bar and champagne toast (not food but you know what I mean)
- 4 different passed appetizers plus a cheese display (I guess it depends on how much is served)
- Salad (Boston Bibb salad with mandarin oranges and walnuts)
- Main Dish (Chicken breast stuffed with spinach and pine nut mousse with a sundried tomato sauce, sides of fingerling potatoes and grilled vegetables)
- Dessert (Wedding cake)
- Other: Coffee/Espresso/Tea/Hot chocolate bar

If you don't think that's enough food, where should we add something? FI and my mom think I'm crazy, but I somehow feel like people are going to go hungry! I keep worrying about this even though it's not really in our budget to add anything, but someone tell me, would you be hungry?

Re: Would you think this was enough food?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's enough food. That's all I'm doing!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's enough food, people aren't going to go hungry. Don't worry!
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! I don't know why I'm freaking out :)

I just realized tho, that my package doesn't say anything about rolls being served with dinner. I'll have to check on that! I know calorically it's enough food (heck, as I'm trying to lose weight it would be all I could eat for the day!) ... I need to just stop thinking about this :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that's pretty standard :).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AlispidaliAlispidali member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is plenty.  They can chow down on cake if they are still hungry.  I'm having a buffet, even though it's more money.  We have huge eaters in our family.  Every wedding I go to, I fill up on appetizers and I'm barely hungry for the main course.

Don't worry.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Its plenty! I wouldn't add anything else.  At the weddings i've gone to in the past, I have had even less, and I was fine. After the wedding we continued to celebrate and usually went out for pizza or even had pizza delivered to the hotel room at 2, 3, 4 am...  

Don't worry you have more than enough :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i think this is a good selection and more than enough food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I definitely think it's more than enough food, the only thing I would say is to check on the rolls w/ dinner, but that's because I looove bread :)  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think thats plenty of food.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to this post, but I think this is plenty. I'm doing a pasta bar and a shiiiit ton of cake. And that's it. Beer and wine. and a bottle of vodka for me and FI haha. But no really. I think you have more than enough food. :) don't sweat the small stuff lady! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's enough.... I PROMISE! I just did that exactly...we did have rolls and butter.

I ended up adding a late night snack and people barely touched it.

No worried! People will be full and happy!
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think thats plenty of food. People will be to busy dancing and enjoying the night.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    rosel80rosel80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's close to what we are having except 3 passed apps and 1 cheese meat station and 1 sushi station (because it our favorite food).  I think you're good :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You and I are in the same situation. I thought it was plenty of food, until I went to a wedding in November and they had exactly that (plus 2 extra trays at cocktail) and we were all starving at the end. I really think it depends on how much people drink. We drank alot, and that seems to make people hungry.

I'm thinking of having a late night snack similiar to what Michi did (sliders). But this is because we have the same circle of friends as this other couple, so we will probably end up in a similiar situation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards