Florida-South Florida

I'm Back ........ Reviews!

Acqualina, Sunny Isles........ A ++++++
The venue was BEAUTIFUL.  The staff was FABULOUS.  Everyone was beyond impressed.  And since it was a Sunday brunch the price was BEYOND REASONABLE!!!    I arrived two days before the wedding and we stayed for 5 nights after the wedding.  I can't say enough about the hotel staff, the wait staff, the pool staff...... by day 2 they knew our favorite drinks..... brought us complimentary champagne (while we were in the pool for morning or late night swims), called us by name etc.  SPA was amazing also.  Can't say enough.

Aroma Caterers........ A ++++++
Although I did not eat during our wedding, everyone said how much food (buffet) there was and how delicious it was.  Aroma did pack up plenty of food for our parents and send up plenty to our room.   All in all - everything seemed fine.

Flowers by Blanca........ A ++++++
Beautiful, reasonable, could not be more pleased!

Steve Lawson Photography ....... A ++++++
I need to admit I was very hesitant on the cost involved with Steve; however, from the time I met him in FLA until now I have been BEYOND IMPRESSED and he is well worth every penny.  Steve arrived around 6:30 am and didn't leave until we were done with "family informal beach pictures" at 5:30 pm.  He had an assistant, Rob, with him who was also marvelous.  All our guests said how delightful, funny and relaxed they were.  Steve even entertained my 16 year old daughter and her three best friends with their own personal photo shoot on the beach and in the ocean.  I can't wait to see the pictures.  Again, if you need a photographer ---- I can't recommend him enough.

Gallery of Cakes...... A +++++++
Tasty, amazing, beautiful - need I say more!
Yonnie and Toni did an amazing job!

Musicians - Arranged by Yael Kleinman Hyken ........... B ++++++++
Two musicians were arranged by Yael (Miami Beach Symphony)...... Yael did all the arrangments for our music - which were amazing.   Problem was one musician had an emergency and they found a replacement the day before WITHOUT telling me.  Check was made out to original musician - and the replacement was upset and wouldn't leave until paid.  Now I understand this - but I wasn't told - and my MOH didn't have additional cash on hand (we found out AFTER THE CEREMONY as exiting and entering brunch).  My MOH had to run out of hotel to ATM to get cash.  This was REALLY unnecessary.   My MOH missed part..... and didn't have an option.   I wish the new musician would have taken check and allowed me to pay her the next day.  I had no idea of this switch - if I received a phone call it could have been avoided.  However, I will say the music was wonderful ....... 

DOC - Jennifer Johnson......... B +++++++
Everything before - communication etc was wonderful.  Two small things prevented from an "A" and perhaps I am being harsh - but it was my wedding .  Great things - she arrived at 5:30 am..... things ran smoothly.... etc......   She took my wedding ring from me (I had in my safe in room) to bring to my husband around 7 am...... It never got there.  However, my husband didn't think twice because everything else (Ketubbah, wine glasses, glass to break etc)  was out at the table under the chuppah already.  However, when Rabbi went to get ring from the table it wasn't there- and then asked Jon for the ring - we realized it wasn't there.  Now - this is funny NOW; however, at the time - during the ceremony in the heat - no ring - no Jennifer.... My MOH had to run out of the ceremony to track down the ring.  The Rabbi stalled ...... everyone laughed ---- but really ..... and in Judiasm you can't "substitute" someone else's ring as part of it is the checking of the ring.  Might seem insignificant to some - but huge to me as I am a type A personality.   Second thing - again might be insignificant but it did catch me off guard..... was that right after the cake cutting ceremony the DOC pulled me aside to tell me she was leaving and her two assistants were finishing off the wedding.  Now - again - she had been there since 5:30 am...... but I was under the impression she was there from beginning to end.  Just caught me off guard.  Yes, the wedding was winding down and finished in an hour; but I was still a bit surprised.    After all - her fee was quite steep - $1300 - for DOC (she didn't help me line up vendors - I did all that etc.....) - so this caught me off guard.  I guess I had different expectations.  With all this - I will say - everything else ran smoothly.

We had our "mini moon" in MIami..... leaving on honeymoon to Israel in 4 weeks.... and then doing "kid moon" in November with my daughter/his step daughter to Disney :)

Eva Goldstein-Meola

Re: I'm Back ........ Reviews!

• Congrats MRS! If it's not too much to ask would you please post your reviews under the sticky "Wedding Vendor Revies"? It would be greatly appreciate it!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards