Florida-South Florida
Options

Advice Needed

I sent out our save the dates this past Saturday, and pretty much everyone has already received them. 
Here is the issue/advice needed:  FI works for the sheriffs office and is in a specialty unit of about 50 or so people.  They are all in the unit together but obviously all work different shifts and some of them he's just not that close to. Well last night when he went back to work, the guys who received the save the dates were commenting on them and the guys that didn't were pretty much like wtf.  I asked him what he said and he basically said he just changed the subject.  I warned him about this in advance since we decided we weren't going to invite them all, due to budget and just that fact that we dont want them all there.  At the time we made the guest list, he said he didnt care, but now I can see he's a little uncomfortable about it.  If any of them say anything to him, should I just tell him to say it wasn't in our budget to invite everyone, or is there another way of saying this without hurting their feelings? 
My Planning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket

*Future Deputy's Wife*

Re: Advice Needed

• Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats stinks and I feel you, its always an uncomfortable thing to discuss when people do that to you. I would just say what you said or just be like we are on a tight budget and wish we could invite everyone but unfortunately we can not. or something along those lines.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a tough situation. I do agree with Lacey though, just try and explain to them that due to the budget you had to narrow it down.
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yea thats a sticky situation, but in reality at the end of the day its not that big of a deal. Yea, it kinda sucks for them and your FI might feel a littel uncomfortable at the begining, but they are guys....they'll forget about it. I

If they confront him about it, he can just say that he wishes he could invite everyone, but your budget just wont allow it.

If any of them have gotten married, they should know that is not as easy as just inviting anyone because of all the expenses and if they are not married, they will find out eventually. lol!

At the end of the day, you guys need to always keep in mind that you are never going to be able to please everyone.....and this is YOUR wedding, not anyone else's. =)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with PP, be honest and I'm sure they will understand.

And if they don't, well then they'll have to get over it eventually :)
  • Options
    uscgwife21uscgwife21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had the same situation happen to me. I work in a small office so it is even more awkward. Truth is I am not really close nor do I really like everyone in my office so I only invited the two people I am close to and he did the same.

At the end of the day we can not afford to invite everyone and we do not have the capacity to do so either. They will just have to understand same in your situation.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honesty pays to your guests, but let's hope no one is rude enough to ask him why they weren't invited. FI should just say that due to budget restrictions, he cannot accomodate everyone into the guestlist. His friends will (hopefully!) understand.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think a lot of us find ourselves in this kind of a bind.  I only invited one person from my office and almost all the ladies here were buzzing about it.  Truth is they will get over it.  I simply told the ones ballsy enough to say something to me that we have a small budget and even a smaller list that can be invited.  Unfortunately after family there arent many more we could invite.  That shut up most of them.  Then there are the few that I actually like but not enough to invite and they got this - our budget is really constricting - but I would have liked to invite you if I had space.  Most of the time people understand.  I also made an effort to invite the entire office to my bridal shower without a gift obligation so that at the very least I included them. 
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards