Florida-South Florida
Options

SoFl Venue's - help?

Hi my Goregeous Brides and Brides-to-be!
I need help, like whoa. I've been searching all over the net for budget friendly venues in the tri county area (Broward, prefferably) .. but I've not had the best of luck: .... I'm looking for a site that is on or close to the beach (for ceremony or at least photo op's) .... a place that has a large enough area to accomodate 80-100 ppl (either outside or a backup inside room due to florida's rainy tantrums) .... my fiance has a few contacts we can utilize to keep other costs down (ie. catering, florals, photography/ videography/ booze) so we're looking for a place that will let us bring in our own vendors ..
We are trying to keep everything under $7,500 - I know it can be done in theory but I'll need your wisdom on this to make it happen!  THANK YOU!!!Smile

Re: SoFl Venue's - help?

• Options
    mrsmustard12mrsmustard12 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out John U. Lloyd State Park in Dania.  I had looked into them awhile back because the fee to have the wedding there was very cheap but costs add up when you have to bring in all the rentals but if you have connections that might work.  It is on the beach and they have pavilions that you can use or a tent. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out our vendor poll at the top of the SoFla board for loads of venue ideas!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I will def check them out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again ladies! I checked out the venue boards (thanks Faith) and saw the Borland Theater - they are gorgeous, and its in our budget - so excited :) !
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you found something you liked!! Keep us updated!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out Volunteer Park in Plantation. Can be decorated beautifully.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards