Ohio-Cleveland

Dress help?

I have tried on about 35-40 dresses and have had no luck. I have been to lace and elegance, a brides world, atlas, davids, personal designs. Do you guys have any other suggestions. they would be GREATLY appreciated!

Re: Dress help?

• JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you been to Catan Bridal (Strongsville), Bridal Room (Elyria), Julianne's Bridal Outlet (Olmsted Falls consignment shop), Images Bridal (N. Royalton) or All Brides Beautiful (Hudson) yet?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • dinomommadinomomma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't been to any of these! are any of them close to each other?
  • dinomommadinomomma member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, are any of these budget friendly and if so which ones?
  • JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Google to see how far they are from you. All of these (except the Hudson one) are on the west/southwest side of Cleveland.

Catan Bridal (Strongsville) is HUGE and has a wide selection at all price points. Juliann'e is a consignment shop, so all of their stuff is very affordable. I bought my Maggie Sottero there for $500, a past season gown that normally retailed for around $1k. Both stores are maybe 15 minutes drive apart. Julianne's is in a super cute, walkable part of Olmsted Falls with the perfect little lunchbreak stop just steps away -- at Clementines. Images Bridal is a smaller bridal shop in N. Royalton, which is 10-15 min or so from Strongsville

Bridal Room is a small shop with dresses at different prices. IIRC, here, you look more at the styles themselves than brand labels. I tried on a few dresses, but didn't buy from them cuz nothing really 'clicked' with me there. You may find something you like though. There may be some other shops in that area, but I already had my eye on the dress at Julianne's, so I didn't really look much further.

All Brides Beautiful is on its own in Hudson, but there are other bridal shops in the Akron area if you wanted to combine a trip. I would recommend only visiting 1 or 2 bridal shops a day though. If you get caught up in trying all kinds of dresses on, it can be a long day (with multiple shops involved).

One more thing... have you been trying on gowns even if they may not look like what you want when they're on the hanger? Most times, gowns look completely different on the rack than they do when you put them on. You may be surprised that a gown you normally wouldn't consider... looks awesome on you and may very well be The One.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011

i went through the same thing! 
    i found mine at dora's bridal in fairview park

my suggestion is to try on dress styles you dont think you want.  i thought i wanted a dropped waist dress, i ended up with an empire waist A-line.

• bansheettebansheette member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the suggestion for Images Bridal.  The owner, Gail, is amazing at finding the perfect dress (even if you yourself can't figure it out).  Great customer service and fair prices.  Plus they have lots of great sales and specials each month.
    Cry like a banshee and die like you want me
  • guzowslpguzowslp member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Dora's in Fairview Park suggestion!  They have a great selection!

Also, there are two bridal stores right across the street from each other in Rocky River, Perfect Bride and Leonardo's.

All three are worth a trip.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh ....Do i have the place for you A Brides Design....email her.... all orginial dresses...not the same old same old....lauralynn@windstream.net

Tell Her that her 09.25.2010 Bride Sent you....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards