Florida-South Florida
Options

seating chart????

I am having my wedding at a garden midday. I'm going through the motions but its not going to be this grand, lavish, elegant thing. It's something to be simple and not formal  (buffet hor d'oeuvres type of thing). Should I have a seating chart? Oh and I'm having all the chairs in the middle to then be moved to the tables that will be on the side (kinda tacky but best solution I think).
Stephany Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: seating chart????

• Options
    MariMac84MariMac84 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No worries. I'm doing the same with my chairs. After the ceremony, they'll be moved to the tables while the guests are having their cocktail hour.

Whether or not you should have a seating chart.. I guess it kinda depends on how many people are attending. Or it also helps to know that each person is accounted for and guaranteed a seat at a table. (example:: Lets say there's someone with their guest and they can't find a table with 2 open seats.)
  • Options
    twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it's something small I wouldn't do a seating chart (i.e. - twenty something guests). If it's only hor'dourves, I wouldn't do it either, but even if it's a casual, buffet style reception, I would do the chart. But that's just me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are having a large number of guests, I would do a seating chart. It will save your guests the confusion of: do we just sit anywhere? Do we have assigned seating? and trying to look for place cards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I dont' think it's necessary.  I'm having a seating chart, but I've also been to a wedding with 100 people and there was no seating chart, and it was actually kind of fun.  I knew the majority of the table, but a few randoms came and sat with us and it was good conversation.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pps...i am not doing one only because I only have about 30 guest ...when its a small wedding everyone either knows each other or should get to know one another anyways LOL...  if theres a lot of guest then you might want to do one... but again if its a casual with no sit down dinner then you can just skip that again and maybe just reserve a table for the parents. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think if you dont do one, you should ensure that you have extra seating.. this way couples aren't forced to seperate in order to find a seat..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    melanie561melanie561 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to do place or seating cards. I have a vendor who is fabulous-Melisa and Ink and Drink www.weddingwire.com/inkanddrinkeventservices

Try that and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards