Florida-South Florida
Options

Bridal shower advice

To make a long story short, my mom was going to host my shower but due to financial reasons (they are also paying for my wedding) she can't (I'm in no way upset about this) I just have very little time to plan. I am super anti-showers, I didn't even want one, but then everyone said, well how will you get gifts etc. So i said OK and in brainstorming with my MOH she suggested we do like a 2 hour cocktail party with drinks and finger foods and NO games! is this cheesy or stupid? Anyone been to anything like this? It's right up my alley but I wanted to see what you girls thought.

TIA
Wedding Countdown Ticker
imageimage

Re: Bridal shower advice

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea. No need to always have games. I would love this option. I am also ehh about having a bridal shower but my MOH is saying I will be getting one. Do it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If that's up your alley then do it! The shower is about the bride anyway.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea! Personally if I were invited to a shower I would love it. I think it would be a great alternative to the traditional shower...shake things up a little!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great idea. My mom is throwing me a bridal shower and it is only going to be 2 hours. It is going to be a tea party and there will be no games or anything cheesy.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A cocktail shower sounds great!  if it seems like too much work for you,or you are really agianst shwers then dont sweat it.  You dont reallly have to have a shower.  For what its worth, I didnt have one and I still got gifts, lol.  Wink
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im all for a non traditional bridal shower. I personally think regular bridal showers are boring. Im actually going to have a DJ in mine and a bartender. Make it more like a party feel than shower. I say you still need to incorporate something bridal like so it is not just a party and still represents you as a bride to be! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only wedding shower that I've ever enjoyed was similar to what you described - it was a "stock the bar" party, where the gifts were bar tools or alcohol, and it was men and women, with appetizers and drinks, no games!

I SO resent every bridal shower I've ever been to now that I am a bride and I'm not having any showers - I always thought that someday I'd have my own and then all the suffering would be worth it! - So really, anything you can do to make it fun while avoiding the games is the way to go, I think!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards