Share, ladies!

Re: Poll: Wedding date.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Because I like the numbers... 1.22.11
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My lucky number is 10..so 10-10-10 sounded perfect to me..plus Fi will never be able to forget our anniversary...lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Because our anniversary is in October, he wanted a Sunday, and I wanted something as close to Ocober 7th as possible. So 10.10.10 was born.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We love the summer, initially wanted 4th of July weekend, but too many other bdays and anniversaries in our fams, so we chose the next weekend. Woop woop

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kaila, I'm crazy excited for your wedding!
  • Options
    zobo410zobo410 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    May 15 is after tax season, not too hot yet. No hurricanes. And... the hotel has slowed down some. Whew. Lots of requirements.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours is July 31st, FI actually picked the date. When we leave the island he is going to be studying his butt of for a huge test called USMLE Step 1, anyways so I asked him before or after he takes the step and he said afterwards and then picked the last weekend in July so he had time to study, take the test and then he can relax before we move for clinicals.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jenn- Stop being crazy excited, I am so scared my wedding wont live up to people's expectations, so I want everyone to expect the minimal.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We originally chose 02/14/2011 b/c of our 2 year engagement anniversary but our families were huffing and puffing b/c it was too long.

Our second choice was 02/24/10 but our venue was booked so they gave us 04/10/10 and I LOVE it : )
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kaila, I get the same feeling but you know what it will rock and everyone will love them b/c we're knotties =)
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LAKE21LAKE21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our wedding date is 10.16.10. October 16th is our anniversary. We will be getting married on our 5 year anniversary!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yea - one more huge reason. Calm seas/perfect seas for a long cruise and resort in the carribbean!
  • Options
    allik1981allik1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    June 26, I wish mine had a really good reason but basically since I'm in an accelerated MBA program, I don't really have the long breaks you normally would get between classes (ours are only a week excpet for Christmas/New Years).  and we didn't want to have a really long engagement so we picked the 5th break (the one in the middle) and now we're getting married in June.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kaila, hush! What Lacey said!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow you guys all have good reasons - my date was basically chosen for me because it was coming up and the venue gave me a deal on a day they had no one else interested in.  ha
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    jennej24jennej24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted March, just seemed like good weather and enough time to plan (got engaged in May) but then the venue was booked and didn't want to do Easter weekend, or conflict with some other family anniversaries/bdays, so just moved to the first date in April that was available at the venue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Despite being one of the most popular dates for this year, it really all happened by chance.

1. Picked non-peak season to negotiate best deal... narrowed down to June - October
    2. FI wanted to get married outside, so we tried to pick the coolest month of non-peak season...October it is
    3. Next, wanted a Sunday to get a better rate and this happened to be Columbus Day Weekend and about 75% of our friends have the next day off....and October 10, 2010 became our wedding date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No reason at all lol all the dates that mean something to us are in the middle of the week. Our venue had that date open so we went ahead and booked it. NOW we have something to celebrate on that date after we get married =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I did some googling and saw that feb was the month with least rain and since I was hell bent on an outdoor wedding, I picked feb.

feb 6th was superbowl weekend in miami so that was out

feb 13th was the next sat and I am weird about the number 13

soooo feb 20 was the next saturday :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I picked 11.20.10.  I am in the process of a masters degree and it fit with my school schedule.  I wish the reason was more exciting :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Alissa, your date also sounds cool, Two, Twenty, Ten.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have always wanted a September wedding, and FI works at a school so labor day weekend seemed perfect. He would only be gone for 4 days vs. 5 from the school week for the HM, and this way we always have an excuse to travle on our anniversary :)
  • Options
    atizonatizon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    because we wanted to have our wedding in March it's a great month for weather. Also the the cruise for our dw was that week. So 3-23-10 it is. Also it turned out special. My moms bday would have been march 20 and my grandfater turns 90 yrs on march 21 :) two very special people to me.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Options
    Ven1Ven1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    April 3rd 2010 was the only Saturday the Epic would give us since we had to change our wedding because my dad was sick, but I still love it! 
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    March 12, 2011 because our 4 year anniversary is March 11th, but it falls on a Friday, so we went with the next day. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was the only weekend in May that we did not have something going on already and we wanted to get married after I graduate law school (May 15th), but before I start Bar prep (June 1) and still be able to take a honeymoon.  

So now we have may 22nd!
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My FI picked our date, because he thought it was cool.  I liked the idea of having it over a 3-day holiday weekend, so 10/10/10 it was!

He also can just put up 10 fingers when I quiz him about our anniversary and he will be right every time. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we have a lot of family coming from out of town, so we picked thanksgiving weekend. that way we can spend 4 whole days with the people most important to us. 
  • Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    love this poll and all your reasons

so here is mine October 9, 2010 and here are the reasons:

1. We started dating on October 18 and wanted an October wedding. It's my favorite month.
    2. Wewanted a saturday wedding because we have alot of out of town guests.
    3. All our significant dates seem to have to do with the number 18, which in Judaism stands for "chai" which means life. It's crazy but we started datinf October 18th, and we got engaged August 10th (so 8/10...add them that's 18). We figured we'd keep the trend and get married on the 9th (half of 18) lol
    4. love the sound of 10.9.10

:)
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to be done with my MBA, that will be this April, but we also didnt want to get married in the sweltering summer so we decided on May.  We fell in love with Coral Gables Congregational Church and thats the only saturday in May they had available.  So May 22, 2010 it is!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards