Ohio-Cleveland
Options

Small wedding location

Hi All, We're looking for a small location for a ceremony and reception, within driving distance of Akron. There will be 9 guests, and I'd like to have everything taken care of by the same place - ceremony, food, accomodations, all of it. Date is late March 2012. Other requirements are that many B&Bs are too old and stuffy for us, but maybe a lodge or winery, something with a fireplace. Thoughts? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Small wedding location

• Options
    JKohioJKohio member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Sarah's Vineyard Winery in Cuyahoga Falls.That may suit you and I know they do small weddings. It's right across the street from Blossom Music Center. There are hotels just down the road by about 10 min drive. Other area wineries include Thorn Creek Winery in Aurora, Wolf Creek (Norton, I think?) and Maize Valley Winery in Hartville.

I know you said no B&Bs, but have you checked any out yourself? :) Walden Inn or the Inn at Brandywine Falls are two in the area I can think of offhand. I have not stayed at either of them, but DH and I have stayed at B&Bs in the past and both were owned/operated by younger couples (in their 20's/30's). I guess my point is they are not ALL stuffy. You just have to do your homework. There are also a handful of B&Bs in the Cleveland area -- two in Ohio City, IIRC.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards