Florida-South Florida

MUA for dummies...

Okay, I have some very stupid questions...

How far in advance should you book your MUA? Also, I got some quotes from some people and the trial is expensive. If you book them before you do the trial, do you have to pay the full price of the trial? Like, do they credit you any of the money since you are booking with them? It just seems crazy that day of make up is $150, but if a trial is $100, you really just spent $250 for make up...
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Wedding Website
image 143 Invited
image 110 Are ready to party!
image 31 Are party poopers!
image 0 Can't find the mailbox!

Re: MUA for dummies...

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked my MUA at 9-8 months out. I would think that you would have to pay the full price of the trial. My MUA didn't give any money back or take any money off when I booked. I doubt you would be able to find a MUA that will do this. My trial was $125and then I did another hair trial that was $75. Then my day of make-up will be $200 or so. So yeah, MUA is probably the one vendor that really gets you good. You could just do a hair trial. I think seeing how your hair would be, would be way more important than your make-up. HTH!
  • ucfandreaucfandrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I had two trials with two different women - one was $50 (had I booked her, the full cost would have gone towards day of fees of $125).  My second trial was $40 and since I signed a contract, she also took a $100 deposit to go towards my day of cost ($135).  Both contracts had a mandatory 20% gartuity written into them.  The one I booked is also airbrush cost - no airbrush was a little less expensive.

I think $200 for make-up is robbery.

ETA: I booked her 2 months out - the beginning of this month to be honest.

• edited December 2011
    I had a make up trial and the fee was just for the trial, it's not going to be applied towards my day of make up fee. I booked my MUA 4 months out, but that's partly due to not living in Miami anymore so the dates I'm actually in to have a trial are few and far inbetween. (A lot of the other recomended people were already booked.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards