Florida-South Florida
Options

A boredom poll.

How many days to your wedding?

Favourite part of planning so far?

Least favourite part so far?

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!)

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny?

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first?

Any vendor regrets/doubts?

Biggest wedding splurge?

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be?

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"?

Re: A boredom poll.

• Options
    edited December 2011

200. I remember when it was 300. Not cool, time. Not cool.

The little things lol.

I am not looking forward to deal with etiquette-challenged RSVP'ers.

Biggest drama in the planning, so far?

A +1 for the best man, when +1's are banned from the wedding unless there's a ring on the girl's hand. Friends got dibs, I get it, but even the MOH is understanding this rule. The best man is not more special than my MOH, doggone it! See that's why it was the biggest drama for me. Because I think about it and I get mad.

My dad wanted me to dance the Blue Danube. Craig wanted Aerosmith. I had a mini fight with both. Now it's funny because we're meeting halfway, with both!

Craig. All the way. Mostly I run the booking by him. He knows who I'm interviewing, when, and as soon as I'm done, he asks me how so and so went.

When I doubted or regretted, I switched. Haven't looked back!

Biggest wedding splurge?

I would say venue, but now that I think about it, bride's attire.

Shannon's, because her style is so chic yet with a touch of vintage in it.
    Tess, because her colours are venue are to die for, plus seeing her get married with those adorable little flower girls would be amazing.
    Gabi, just to squee with glee when she walks down the aisle :)

Candy bars. Lol sorry, I'm a huge sweets person, but meh. And photobooths. I like the idea, but it wouldn't fit in the style/look/feel/thingy that I'm going for.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? 59 Days!

Favourite part of planning so far? Getting to know Knotties.  Planning the ceremony also.

Least favourite part so far? Invites (mailing out) and RSVP's....hehehe

Biggest drama in the planning, so far?  Haven't had too much drama really, but some head butting with parentals and In-laws.

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? Nothing that big.

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? The Knotties

Any vendor regrets/doubts? No not really, I love all my vendors.  

Biggest wedding splurge? Video

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be? Christina, Jaime's, and Jillian--- oh who can narrow this down to 3, I want to go to them all.

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"?  Hmmm,....this is a hard one.  i guess it would now have to be the candy bar thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding?  17 ahhhhhh!

Favourite part of planning so far?  Love checking stuff off and spending the weekend getting little things done.

Least favourite part so far? The money splitting with the parents : /

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!)   Not making my future SIL a BM...them not bringing my neice and nephew from NY to be in my wedding :(

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny?  It's not that funny but I'm forgiving and brush things off - I never stay mad...but it's not funny. Sigh, to always be the bigger person takes work

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first?  My Knotties! 

Any vendor regrets/doubts? YES! But I don't want to say. I can email if you'd like :)

Biggest wedding splurge? Our venue (which I love to death) and my dress/lighting

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be?  Tiffany, my baby!! Jen's wedding and Lynette <3  I would have loved to be at Dalie's. I ALMOST made it there. ahhh!

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"?  Trinket type of favors
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? 59 (holy cow!)

Favourite part of planning so far? hmm, I would have to say seeing every little detail come together. when I first got engaged back in June I had no idea what kind of a wedding I wanted.  As the time went by I got more ideas, and I its nice how things have come together and I am almost there.

Least favourite part so far?  figuring out how to pay for it all!

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? so far it was yesterday's drama with my cousin wanting to bring her daugher who I did not invite

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? thinking my close friends would be upset that I picked my cousins as my BMs, they didnt really seem to care, lol

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? probably FI since he is paying for it LOL, and next my sister/moh

Any vendor regrets/doubts? photog/video but I am going to have to suck it up and hope for the best

Biggest wedding splurge? the church, it was WAY more than I wanted to spend, but it was really important to FI

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be?  everyone's! you all have such unique ideas, and I would love to see all these weddings come together

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"?  the cake! I really am not a fan of cake so I really didnt care about the flavor, filling etc.  I actually specifically asked my coordinator not to stop the party for us to cut the cake, I just want a quick photo and thats it. And I definitely dont want to feed/be fed cake either!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? 200 WOOP WOOP!

Favourite part of planning so far? Being a planner..I love it! Wish I could do it for a living

Least favourite part so far? Writing checks

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!) Fis sister...Sometimes I just want to hide from her...Also, my girls arent very helpful and it gets anooying.

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? My sister wanted me to change everything for my RD bc she has wedding the night before but I wont do it and now its pretty funny.

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? You ladies of course..no one else cares!

Any vendor regrets/doubts? Yea I wish I wouldve taken everything slower in the beginning and not lost 2 deposits.

Biggest wedding splurge? Photo booth..so didnt want to spend that money and Fi is mad but o well!

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be? Gabis, Courts, and Taylors...o screw it, can i go to all of them?!?!?!

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"? Make up...lol I just want to look good and move on
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? - 129 days WOO!

Favourite part of planning so far? - My best friend and designer disigning a dress for me =) I feel so special and I can't wait to see it made!! and wear it of course!

Least favourite part so far? - The guest list, it is growing larger every day.

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!) - Picking the location for the wedding, first we wanted here in AL then in FL, we went to FL and fell in love with The Ritz but I didn't like the ballroom for the high price then it was back to AL, then back to FL lol so glad we are having it in Maimi lol after all.

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? - See above lol

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? - My FI =)

Any vendor regrets/doubts? - None so far and I hope I don't ever!

Biggest wedding splurge? - Venue and Church

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be? - Jaime because it looked so pretty and it was at my venue =)......uh the others are hard everyone seems to have such a great planning going on! lol

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"? - To be honest video, it is such an important thing but I just can't get into it. I will be getting one for sure I'm already talking to them but I don't know why I just don't care for it, I rather go crazy with pictures, you can keep them around in frames etc...=)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    164 :)
    Figuring out the details/colors & shopping for my dress.
    Invites... and I'm sure there's more to come.
    Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!)
    No major dramas, really. ****thankfully****
    no idea...
    My mom - she's been going through all of this with me!
    Nope... not yet & I hope not ever!
    Biggest wedding splurge?
    I guess my reception.
    Ahhhhhh too many. Probably Jillian's, Christina's, and Taylor's (just to name a few...)
    In my family - nothing; everyone else - photobooths (I agree, Jen - it doesn't match the feel I want at my wedding).
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? 53

Favourite part of planning so far? dress shopping! and buying gifts for BMs

Least favourite part so far? paying for everthing and planning alone.

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!)  my biggest drama has been my family not being supportive or helping out at all. 

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny?  FI flubbed up the invites and printed them, sealed them and had them caligraphied BEFORE noticing he forgot to put a time on them.... I can laugh about it now.

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first?  Knotties and FI

Any vendor regrets/doubts? worried about why lutz hasnt returned my calls or emails in almost a month since i booked him!  why wont he call me to set up a trial? 
    Biggest wedding splurge?  photobooth by far.... we werent going to do it but FI surprised me with it!

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be?  jen, taylor, lynette, marnie, court, adriana, kaila and everyone elses.... you guys all have the best ideas and i cant wait to see pictures of everyones wedding!!

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"?  Video - I can understand why everyone wants video but Its just wasnt an expense I could square away~
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? 129

Favourite part of planning so far? um I guess just planning in general for the biggest party of my life yay

Least favourite part so far? people asking if their invited ugh. the nerve of some.

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!) just a fight with a friend who no longer is a BM. otherwise that and the people asking if they are getting invited.

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? still not funny, definitely was hurt, but ok about it now.

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? FI if he doesnt know or my mom or MOH

Any vendor regrets/doubts? sometimes I second guess my photog and wish I would of shopped around, but i still love their work and what i am getting for my price.

Biggest wedding splurge? photog and venue

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be? Jen, Tess, Christina, Courtney, Kaila, Jillian, Taylors, Lynettes, hmmmm the list can go on and on oh and all the other lovely married knotties too.

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"? LOL IDK nothing yet at least.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    6 months. ::dies::

All the fun adventures my FI go on. Lol. Yeah, we go on wedding adventures. You know you are jealous.

Invites. THey will be the death of me.

Oy. THe first year of our engagement was drama.

There hasn't been one of those. Lol.

DUH. THe knotties.

Ok. Honestly - I would've taken tall of this money and ran. Ran so flipping fast you couldn't have seen me.

Biggest wedding splurge?
    Video

Taylor!!

Um, IDK?
    DX stage 4 endo 4/2005 Lap #2 7/2007 Lap #3 8/2009 uterus, tubes & cul-de-sec fused. partial bowel resection. LUPRON :( Surprise BFP 4/2010 Layla Grace 11/17/2010 Surprise BFP 12/2011 - stick baby stick! THE BLOG Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love polls they are always fun...

How many days to your wedding? 185 YAY!! Can't wait.

Favourite part of planning so far? Negotiating

Least favourite part so far? Paying

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!) My mama!  She's very controlling.

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? None

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? FI if he wasn't there or my besties.

Any vendor regrets/doubts? NONE TG!!

Biggest wedding splurge? Venue

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be? Everyone's who doesn't like going to weddings?

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"? Paper
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many days to your wedding? 285

Favourite part of planning so far? reading all the great ideas and suggestions from my fellow knotties

Least favourite part so far? Paying

Biggest drama in the planning, so far? (You don't have to share, it's optional!) groomsmen drama.

The drama episode that was huge when it happened, but now it's funny? groomsmen drama was def not funny; really made me think of fsmil much differently than I had before this whole think happened.

You just booked a fabulous vendor. Who do you tell first? FI,parents, knotties

Any vendor regrets/doubts? starting to have some doubts about Rusty Pelican.  NOT IMPRESSED WITH THEIR COMMUNICATION SKILLS, or lack thereof

Biggest wedding splurge? Photographer; but she's amazing and I know it will prob be the best money spent. 

If you could attend 3 knottie weddings which would those be? Can I go to all of them ?

The one thing everybody seems to be crazy about but to you it's "meh"? candy stations for favors
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards