Florida-South Florida
Options

**Miami vets- please HELP for bachelorette party- Need restaraunt/low-key bar recommendation!!

Hi girls!
I am the MOA, and my bride lives in South Florida, so after the bridal shower we are going to head into Miami for dinner and drinks in a limo.

BUT- I am not from Miami, never been there other than driving through and I need help.  We are getting a limo for 4 hours, so that leaves three hours we can spend in Miami.  My bride is a foodie and does NOT want to do the South Beach party scene.  Therefore I need recommendations for a fabulous restaraunt (not Italian- her bridal shower is Italian-themed so we will be eating Italian for muchies there).  After we leave said fabulous restaraunt, I want to be able to walk somewhere to grab a drink that is laid-back, wont have a HUGE wait and isnt like a club.

So who out there has a recommendation for the restaraunt and the bar afterward- I have researched some online but it is very hard to tell what is walking distance without knowing the city.  Please help- the party is in 3 weeks!!!!

Re: **Miami vets- please HELP for bachelorette party- Need restaraunt/low-key bar recommendation!!

• Options
    Try "Dolores but you can call me lolita".. They have a great pre-set menu option for parties larger than 6, & after 10 downstairs turns into a lounge, or their sister restaurant "Crazy about you". Barton G is always great, a little pricey but worth every dollar.

You might also want to try the Ft. Lauderdale Area, you have lots of bars down Las Olas Blvd, if you are looking to go more low key. They also have a new restaurant called YOLO that has gotten good reviews. =)

Have Fun!!
  • Options
    Check out the Mary Brickell Village Area.

Restaurants include:
    Dolores but You Can Call Me Lolita (Dolores Lolita for short)
    Balans
    Abokado (something like that)
    Grimpa

Here is a link

http://www.marybrickellvillage.com/mall-directory/Restaurants-Cafes.html

There are also a few bar areas around there too:
    Tobacco Road
    Transit Lounge (LOVE THIS PLACE)
    Fado's
    Brickell Irish Pub
    Club 50
    Segafredo's
    Blue Martini -- more club like
    Red Bar

Needless to say you have options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions, I am looking into it.  One thing I found after I posted that seemed kinda cool was the W South Beach- we could eat at The Dutch and go to the Grove for drinks after.  How is the Dutch and is the Grove really packed or pretty laid-back and relaxing?
  • Options
    I think she would like Coconut Grove. Green Street Cafe is one of my favorites and it's walking distance to a bunch of bars. You could go bar hopping throughout the grove.
  • Options
    I like the Grove sometimes, but it tends to be a college-type crowd (vs. the professional crowd you might find in Brickell....and the tourists in South Beach!).  

Contrary to other posters, I'm not a huge fan of "Dolores, But You Can Call Me Lolita."  I've had terrible service everytime and was never impressed by their food!  

Midtown and the Design District have some great restaurants and bars.  I love Michelle Bernstein's Senora Martinez (pricey, but AMAZING flavors!).  This is in the Design District.  W Wine Bistro is cool and within walking distance (.18 miles, according to Mapquest!).  

I like Mary Brickell Village and live very close to there, but unfortunately I can't think of any restaurants that blow my mind in that area.  For bars in Mary Brickell, my favorites are Baru (not a club, fairly relaxed with good mojitos!) and Red Bar (lots of cool art and good drinks, but it gets more club like as the night goes on.).  You might want to check out Blackbird Ordinary-- a new bar just outside of Mary Brickell-- It's supposed to be relaxed and lots of people have said they have a great drink menu!  http://www.yelp.com/biz/blackbird-ordinary-miami

Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards