Florida-South Florida
Options

DOC HELP/RECS **LONG****

Hello,

I am getting married at the Rusty Pelican and the reception is there as well. They do not set up anything for you (even at a cost). I thought that either my BMs or other friends and family would be able to help set up. As it turns out that is not going to work out. After looking around online I was totally discouraged when I saw that DOC charge about $1000, not in my budget. My contact person at Rusty gave me the # of a coordinator and I spoke to her on the phone and exchanged a few emails. Her price was great and she seemed to know what she was talking about.

I have not heard back from her since last Thursday, despite two emails and a phone call. She is in this industry so she has to know that almost everything is time sensitive and bride-to-be need answers ASAP!

So, does anyone know any reasonable DOC???

Re: DOC HELP/RECS **LONG****

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Karla with Stylish Events. She's great, when I interviewed her, she seemed very professional and knew her stuff. A lot of knotties have used her in the past and were VERY happy with her performance.

info@stylishevents.net
  • Options
    bluebookbluebook member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely Karla!! I don't know if her prices have changed recently but when I hired her for my wedding she was doing full day-of services for $500. It was a steal! Karla's awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    1. karla of stylish events
    2. Justine of Fabulous Fetes
    3. Diana of My OH My
    4 Raffaella of No Stress Events
    5. Jessica( not sure of company name, she is former knottie)
    4. Letty of LMG
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    My DOC is:

Lauren & Lisette Maiorisi
    www.lisettelaurenevents.com

Lauren- 954.778.0195
  • Options
    uscgwife21uscgwife21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you soooo much girls!!  You are all great! (sigh of relief)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I rec. Letty Gobel.

I also heard Vanessa Serna was running a special for May brides for $100 DOC.
  • Options
    clovonneptclovonnept member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Karla!!! Having her be my DOC was hands down THE best choice I made for my wedding. It was $500 for her services the day of (I think 8-10 hours total). 
  • Options
    avee10avee10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If all you need is favor set up contact Jessica Estrada at Events by Jessica. Her favor setup packages start at $100 and go up to $300 depending on what you need set  up. I will most probably be hiring her as well.

Here is her contact info: eventsbyjessica@aol.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Diana with My Oh My Events and she is awesome and very reasonably priced.

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd try Jennifer J Events.  I'm using her as my planner, so I'm not sure about her DOC stuff, but I know she does it, and she's been nothing but amazing so far for me!  She also has a pretty good number of staff members so maybe even they could help you.  http://www.jenniferjevents.com
  • Options
    Kitty315Kitty315 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We also had Karla as our DOC and we did the 5 hour package for $350. Even the hubby said she was worth way more than that! =)

GL!!
  • Options
    michy22michy22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using VIvian Colls (she is also my florist), so far EXCELLENT... in May I will write my reviews.
    Michelle & Julio
    ...4-24-10...
    Bio
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Cristy81Cristy81 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My planner is actually someone my fiance is related to but she is a professional wedding planner and she is awesome!! Her name is Dayana and not only because we are somewhat related but she is truly an awesome person. her email is dvalero@yahoo.com and her number is 305-219-9898.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards