Thank You!! :)
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Marriage License HELP!!

• Options
    twissy94twissy94 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hello HappyBride7,

Don't panic, here is some information I copied from online.

Florida Marriage License

Every marriage license is issued by a county court judge or clerk of the circuit court under his or her hand and seal. Marriage licenses are issued by counties and you can apply for your license at any county clerk's. www.stateofflorida.com/Portal/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=51">Click Here for Clerk of the Court contact information www.stateofflorida.com/county.html">by county. You can get married in any county in Florida, regardless of where you obtained your marriage license. To obtain a marriage license you need:

• Picture ID
    • Social Security Card or Valid Passport
    • Fees: $93.50. Marriage license fees can be reduced if you complete a licensed Florida pre-marital course.

Marriage license is valid for 60 days after issuance. You must perform the ceremony of marriage before this 60 days has expired. Blood Tests are not required. Florida Marriage Statutes can be found here: www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0741/0741.html">http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=0700-0799/0741/0741.html

HTH! Good luck!
  • Options
    cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You go to your local courthouse. For me since I'm in Palm Beach county I'd go to downtown West Palm courthouse. You do not need an appointment. In Palm Beach county the license is good for 60 days with a 3 day waiting period once you apply for it. I'm going the first week of October to get mine and my wedding is October 22. Like mentioned above don't panic. You still have plenty of time!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agree with PP and thanks twissy for the link for reference! The coordinator at the venue I am likely going to choose said you can't make an appointment and recommened going early in the am to beat the rush. Also- if your officiant is out of state (which ours is) make sure they are licensed to marry you in FLA (still need to figure out how to accomplish this part- not sure if at link above). GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    UFSara - not sure if you'll ever read this, but FYI, Florida (or at least Broward County) does not actually check to make sure that your officiant is legitimate - I called to ask them that specifically, as my friend got ordained on the internet and I didn't want to have any problems. When I asked the lady at the courthouse she said, "I guess we just trust them!" because the minister doesn't have to do anything to register with the state as long as they are ordained by a church.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards