Florida-South Florida
Options

Rehearsal Dinner venue? Where are you having yours?

Hi ladies, 

So I really don't know what to do here. My FMIL & FFIL insist on paying for the rehearsal dinner. They don't have alot of money, so I would like to keep it as inexpensive as possible. I was thinking maybe doing a late morning ceremony rehearsal and then hitting a park or something after and just doing a barbecue. Any suggestions on parks or other affordable venues in Davie or somewhere nearby? My FMIL is a little, no ALOT, more traditional than I am, and even though she didn't out right say it, I know she isn't too excited about the bbq in the park idea. I think it would be more affordable but I'd like to give them options.

TIA!
*So Fla Board February Siggy* My babe and I
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Rehearsal Dinner venue? Where are you having yours?

• Options
    I'm having ours at Carrabba's - I love eating there and their pricing was good. I would check them out if you like their food!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    What about the party room at the bev hills in plantation?? They have great brunch and lunch - yum craving them now :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Melting Pot!! YUMMMM
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Website
    image 143 Invited
    image 110 Are ready to party!
    image 31 Are party poopers!
    image 0 Can't find the mailbox!
  • Options
    We did ours at Mai Kai. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic  
    6.6.12 | 7 lbs 9 oz | 20 inches
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    The earlier you eat, the cheaper it'll be.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    My FMIL has this insane idea that to save money she is going to cook for the 40-50 people at our rehearsal dinner....in.my.kitchen.the.day.before.my.wedding......OMG!!!  It's going to be a disaster and I'm very seriously contemplating staying in a hotel by myself that week.  However, we are having the (possibly foodless) rehearsal dinner at Richardson Historic Park/House in Wilton Manors.  The all day rental was $800 but you can rent by the hour too.  I think it was $125/hr.  They also provide a grill.  It's a gorgeous location with a nature walk and on the water.  Also tables and chairs are included.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm all for casual and agree with Melissa, do it at a house if you can. We're having ours at Peacock Garden Cafe in the Grove because FMIL didn't want to have it at the house. GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    If you want BBQ, try Scrubies for the catering- we looked into them for our reception and they can provide dinner for $5 pp!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards