Florida-South Florida
Options

Ranting.. kind of annoyed..

I'm usually a lurker on this board since all of you are so close but I felt others should know.. About  2 months ago I was researching officiants. We wanted a non-denominational beach ceremony. I came accross http://www.officiallymarried.com/ and I loved their prices and the fact that everything was a package. Since our budget was limited we figured something like this was for us. Anyways I initially contacted her and asked a bunch of questions and a day or two later got a response with satifactory answers. I told her that I would call her the following day to speak with her about details. Instead I got a response saying that she would call me since she works besides doing weddings. Fine. I agreed. Three days past and nothing, I tried to call left a message- still nothing- no response. A few days later I get an email promising that I would get a call that nite and didn't. I started to feel aggravated and told her that I was going to start looking into another vendor because I didnt feel like she was for us. That nite i got a call from her. We talked for over an hour she went over all the details with me about everything I wanted but refused to give me a price. She said that she was going to need to write up a contract of some sort for me to review and that I would have it within the week. Finally 13 days later I get an email saying your contract to review- with nothing attached.. I email back and she says omg im so sorry I thought it was attached and she promises to have it to me by that evening. She never did. Finally I get another email saying I would have the contract that nite and you guessed it, it never came. It has now been weeks with nothing still and I have since booked someone else on this since I figured she wouldnt even show up for the wedding anyways.. Just thought all should know that this vendor is not reliable.

Re: Ranting.. kind of annoyed..

• Options
    edited December 2011
    omg that is sooo annoying!! that happened to me with photographers. im glad u were smart and looked for someone else!!

• Options
    bears4lifebears4life member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting us know and sorry you had to go through all that! Glad you came out of lurking..the girls on here are wonderful, you should definately post more often Smile
  • Options
    PattyJosePattyJose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that, but everything happens for a reason. So Im glad you were able to find someone else. =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    aww i expected you guys to shun me aways.. there are some mean girls on here!
  • Options
    Jeni10cscJeni10csc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's horrible, but thanks for the heads-up.  And I'm glad you are a smart girl who covers yourself and has a plan B!

And I must agree with Gabi. I'm happy you came out of "lurking. The girls on here are awesome and you should definitely feel free to post more.  We'd love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW! I guess she doesn't really need the business then, huh? Glad you found someone else!
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad you found someone else! Some people just dont get it!
    Overall the girls are great and really just want to help! Some have their moments but everyone is here to help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience, but you may have saved another bride from the hassle! I'm glad you were able to book with someone else.

Best of luck in your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    well like everyones said glad u found someone else..im sure with that kinda of service ur better off...

and dont be scared im pretty new here and everyones been super nice and nothing but helpful!
  • Options
    Dee729Dee729 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Bunny....don't be silly...we welcome you with open arms!!  <<<hug>>>

Glad you moved on from that crazy officiant...

Keep us posted on all your other wedding plans!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dont be shy~ I find all the girls on here to be amazing, supportive and creative!  I'm sure you will also~ I had a similar experience with an officiant also~ I'm glad you arent using these people anymore! I hope you find someone way better!  GL
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry you had such a flake for an officiant! That is ridiculous! Luckily for us, we are getting married by a family friend.... so hopefully it will be drama free.

I've never seen a mean knottie on our board, so don't be afraid! We don't bite. :) We are also having a Get Together this Friday, if you want more info... ask Stacey, the moderator. She has an e-vite set up! We'd love to get to meet you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I havent seen anyone mean on the south fl board but the international one.. thanks guys!
  • Options
    Lacey36Lacey36 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sounds so annyoing and definitely not reliable.
    My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards